23. The Place I belong

As the couple slowly recovered from their laughter Haseena realised that they had attracted quite a lot of attention to themselves. She silently pulled Karishma wanting to move to the billing counter so they could leave.

"Kya acting kiya aapne huh." She initiated slightly nudging Karishma as the latter continued to chuckle randomly.

"Tum bhi kuch kam nahi hai kya tha woh haan Mrs Maaaallik." She mimicked which resulted in even more laughing and they exited the store Karishma carrying the bags with Haseena carrying Kiara. 

As they drove back home sharing bits and pieces about the hilarious incident Haseena noticed how Karishma was often gritting her teeth something she did when she was overthinking. She let it slide until they were back home and she started cooking, Karishma taking up the task of looking after Kiara. With the little one trying to stand it was quite a task these days as they had to ensure she didn't fall. With Kiara being more active than ever Karishma brought the one thing she hated doing the most which was teaching her something like alphabets or numbers or shapes or colours. This was Haseena's department.

"A for Anjali." Karishma yawned. Kiara looked confused as this was a deviation from what her Maaeek mausi taught but tried to repeat anyways.

"Angie." She mumbled.

Karishma used one of Kia's soft toys as her pillow laying down, letting slumber take over. "Sabhash Ki proud of tu."

"B for Babita." Karishma slowly mumbled, tired from running behind Kiara the whole time.

"C for Chandhini." Karishma said sleepily and Haseena cleared her throat loudly. She had heard a small portion of Karishma's clownery and had come to check only for Karishma to be sound asleep and Kiara crawling away. She carried her before she escaped her sight.

"Aur D for?" Haseena asked, kneeling beside Karishma.

"Dua lipa." Karishma whispered in her sleep and Haseena stifled her laughter thinking of an innovative way to wake her big baby. She leaned in and suddenly the mere similarity of the scenario brought back memories of last night.

"When I said Hum, I meant US Ms.Karishma Singh." A mischievous smile colouring her face, she pulled Karishma into the bedroom closing the door behind them. With Karishma leaning against the door Haseena had her hands locking her against it eagerly eyeing Karishma's lips. She leaned in wanting to capture her lips but Karishma quickly placed her index finger on Haseena's lips.

"Haseena-" Karishma whispered. "Mein apni andar jitna bhi self control hai usko aazmake ye keh rahi hoon..you are drunk baby abhi nahi okay?" She asked in a soft voice, and moved her finger away holding Haseena's chin she leaned to place an innocent kiss on her cheek and Haseena giggled at the ticklish sensation.

"Aap pehle bhi itni achi thi ya waqt ne kiya kuch haseen sitam-" Haseena mumbled slurrily. She raised one finger tracing Karishma's jawline teasingly.

"Nahi mein pehle aise nahi thi. This is Haseena's Karishma talking." Haseena squinted her eyes probing Karishma to speak further.

Karishma chose to be honest and said "Pehle jaise hoti toh tum abhi mere baahon mein hoti, meri naam le rahi hoti woh bhi bina koi kapde ke-" a serious look on her face she held eye contact relishing the effect of her words on Haseena's facial expression and Haseena held Karishma's cheek turning it away to make her face the other side relieving herself from her piercing gaze.

"Kitni besharm hai aap."

"Wah mein? Aur abhi kuch der pehle nashe mein meri izzat lootne waali thi woh toh shareefi ka hadd thaa right?" Karishma joked and Haseena unsteadily took a step back from Karishma.