5. Settling in

"Kya tumko lagta hai ki ye humse hoga? Mujhe nahi lagta hai ki hum Kia toh sambhal payenge. We are not- I am not ready for this." Karishma said leaning onto her palm.

"Karishma-"

"Singh." Karishma corrected her and Haseena scoffed.

"Singh. Kiara ko humare alawah koun sambhalega..aap kudh jaanti hai ki Santu aur Cheetah ke family unke friends hai. Hum te undonon ke family."

"Tum jyaada emotional ho rahi hai Mallik."

"Aur aap zyada insensitive ho rahi hai Singh." Haseena said pointing her index finger at Karishma.

Their voices seemed to have gotten high and Kiara's wail was proof enough.

"Why did you shout!?" Karishma scolded Haseena and Haseena aired her hands in frustration.

Kiara was in her cradle crying of course when the duo made it to her. Karishma bent wanting to pick the kid up but backed away when she felt Haseena swatting her hands away.

"What the fuck?"

"Language Singh." Haseena glared and Karishma rolled her eyes.

"We need to ferberise her. Warna usko lagne lagega ki harr baar rone pe hum doudke ajayenge uske paas. Usko kudh se rukna seekhna padega aise humne kisi series mein dekha hai. Haan Modern Family." Haseena said. Karishma who was very dumb simply accepted

"Kiara baby guchi guchi koo." Haseena said and Kiara's wails increased.

"Stop scaring her Mallik." Karishma said dryly.

"You try. Baatein karwa lo inse bas." Haseena criticised.

"Kiara love, you know Karishma mausi loves you right. Please rona band kardo na humko headache ho jayega. Phir kal office bhi jaana hai na jaan. Aapko kya chahiye aap bata dena hum dilayenge. Aapki Haseena mausi badi riché hai." Karishma engaged in a conversation and Haseena hit herself on her head at Karishma's attempt at silencing the lil one.

"Aap hatiya shayad inko bhook lagi hai." Haseena carried Kiara walking away from an offended Karishma.

"Mujhe laga Baby ko ferberise kar rahe hai." She taunted, air quoting the word ferberise.

"Shut up Singh and what's that freaking smell." Haseena sniffed with a frown. The smell made her want to throw up.

"Tumko nahi lagta iski diaper change karna hai?" Karishma asked. Haseena closed her eyes summoning the required patience and she carried a giggling Kiara to the bathroom. Karishma followed her but started going on reverse gear once Kiara was on the changing table.

"Bhaagne ke baare mein sochna bhi mat Singh hum maar dalenge aapko sach keh rahe hai." Haseena warned.

"Mein kyun karoon??? Tum karo. Mujhe ye sab aata nahi." Karishma said with a disgusted face.

"Excuse me? This isn't rocket science. Aur aap baat toh aisi kar ri jaise humne iske pehle das bacche paala hai. Karo aap!" Haseena said angrily and Karishma removed the tags to the diaper with a crying face. Haseena kept supplying her tissues. The bathroom was a warzone and the warriors were defeated by a mere diaper. A soiled diaper.

Haseena carried Kiara out her steps faltering indicating how tired she was when Kiara started crying again.

"Aarghhhh." Haseena grunted.

"SINGH." She shouted for Karishma at the top of lungs. She wasn't dealing with this alone.

By the time Kiara slept again it was 4 AM. Haseena lay on the sofa with Karishma sprawled on the floor.