Jennie giggled, she had never seen the beautiful woman acting this way before, and frankly she just found it adorable. She followed after her, loving this never before seen side of Lisa.

Not so cold now huh, detective? You’re actually very fun to tease.’ Jennie thought to herself, she couldn’t rid the large grin that etched itself onto her face even if she wanted to. Lisa seemed to bring out the best of her smiles and she had no idea how or why, it just happened a lot these days.

Lisa, meanwhile had already made it halfway across the store and far away from Jennie to save herself further embarrassment. She had surprised even herself when she’d fulfilled Jennie's request, she never used to be this bothered by something this simple yet when Jennie was looking at her like that, eyes filled with admiration, she couldn’t help but get a little worked up.

“Lili! Wait!”

Lisa heard the loud voice and decided to slow down a little to allow the older woman to catch up; she soon regretted her decision when she felt something being place on the top of her head.

“Oh my!” Jennie squealed from behind, acting like a delighted child receiving a present on Christmas day. Lisa quickly turned and eyed the woman suspiciously.

“What is this?” Lisa furrowed her eyebrows, hands reaching up to see what it was that Jennie had placed on her.

“Stop!” Jennie quickly swatted Lisa's hands away.

“You have some nerve to be-“

“Relax!” Jennie laughed, “It’s only a headband.”

“Headband-“

“With cat ears.” Jennie added before squealing again, “They really suit you!”

“Where did you get these!?”

“On the shelf. You look adorable by the way.”

“Shut up.” Slowly, Lisa could feel heat inflaming her cheeks.

“You remind me of a giant doll right now.”

“Jennie, I said shut up.” Lisa's tone was laced with venom; she continued to give the brunette an unimpressed look. “Take them off, people are staring.”

“No they’re not, you’re just paranoid.” Jennie giggled, unfazed by Lisa's cold tone, “Even if they were, they’re staring because you’re so cute.” She cooed.

Lisa pulled a disgusted face, “I’m not cute.”

“The more you deny it, the cuter you seem and right now, you look absolutely adorable.”

The heat intensified in Lisa's cheeks until she couldn’t take it anymore and ripped off the cat ears, “This is embarrassing. I’m leaving.” She turned swiftly and hobbled away so quickly that Jennie didn’t realize was possible for someone on crutches. Before she knew it, Lisa had nearly disappeared from her sights.

“W-Wait, Lisa!” Jennie called after the embarrassed woman and tried her best to keep up, having no idea she had just injured the pride of the cold detective.

The drive home was spent in silence, with Jennie stealing a few glances at the woman every now and again. Throughout the journey, Lisa's face was nonchalant, as if she was a factory-made robot and that had been set to the ‘default’ settings. Times like these nearly tricked Jennie into believing that Lisa is a cold-hearted and emotionless robot.

Are you like this with everyone?’

However, when Jennie's thoughts lead back to the cute way Lisa blushed back in the store her mind changed, it reminded her that Lisa was actually a human capable of displaying emotions. ‘How many other people have you shown this side of you to?’ Somehow, the thought of other people being as close to Lisa as she was bothered her greatly. Perhaps she cared a lot more for Lisa than she thought.