Vol. 4 Chp. 2: Cruise Ship Exam

Start from the beginning

'Everyone is suspicious.'

"Really?" She raised an eyebrow.

I nodded.

"Why do you think that?"

'We don't know what's going through everyone's mind and what the person is planning.'

"That does make sense."

A shadow appeared before us, "Nice weather, isn't it, Suzune, Kagurazaka? What are you having for breakfast?"

Two people approached us while grinning. It was Ryuuen of Class C, and another person was with him.

"Don't call my first name so casually, Ryuuen-kun. And you, it's quite amazing you'd dare to show your face in front of us again after what you did, Ibuki-san," Horikita fires away at Ryuuen and the girl beside him.

Ibuki seemed slightly provoked but tightened her lower lip without saying anything.

Ryuuen, on the other hand, was grinning as if he was enjoying the whole situation. In the uninhabited island test, Ibuki infiltrated our class as a spy.

"I believe the mail has already arrived, so how was it? Did you become the "target"?" Ryuuen asked.

"There's no way I'd tell you, or perhaps you're going to tell us," Horikita counters.

"If that's what you wish," Ryuuen said as he sat on a vacant seat nearby.

"I don't care either way, but according to her report, you didn't do much during the island test to allow your class to achieve those results," Ryuuen says while pointing at Ibuki.

"I was conserving my strength since I had a fever," Horikita said.

"Since we're all here, let's have some coffee. It seems to be a good time to drink," Horikita surprisingly held herself together and ordered the waitress her morning coffee.

I didn't order any coffee.

However, Ryuuen seemed to show no signs of leaving and instead wanted to continue the conversation while silently observing Horikita.

Ryuuen looked at me, "Kuku. I'm not going even to deny it. I want to see how capable you are. But you should also know that my methods differ from those of Katsuragi's plans."

"It's a joy that I found someone who schemes just how I like. I would have the most fun if you were in my group," Ryuuen wickedly grinned.

'Why are you obsessed with me? Why not Katsuragi or Ichinose?'

"It's because I already know more or less their capabilities, and none of them can be my enemies. If I wanted to crush them, I could crush any of them whenever I want," Ryuuen boldly said.

"How about the rumored Sakayanagi?" It looks like Ibuki wanted to confirm this fact with Ryuuen.

"I'm saving that woman for dessert. It'll be a waste for me to eat Sakayanagi now," he said.

"Right now, I'm going to destroy your subordinate, Kagurazaka," Ryuuen said, walking away.

Did he call Horikita my subordinate?

I turned to Horikita, and she was glaring at Ryuuen's back.

Horikita clicked her tongue, "I'm your ally, so don't get any ideas."

I wasn't even thinking that...

"Destroy me, huh?" Horikita muttered.

~Timeskip~

"Kagurazaka-kun, do you need something?" Mei-Yu asked.

'I'm a bit curious about the Chinese Zodiacs. Can you tell me about them?'