Chapter 4: Mentoring Style

What does a mentorship with me look like?

I am not a dictator! I am not here to play drill sergeant and I am not the grammar police. I am willing to help out with editing when the time comes. There is a time and place for such things but the start of a new book is not always the right timing.

As a mentor my advice is not the law and my opinions are not written in stone. Feel free to accept, reject, or challenge any advice written by yours truly. Although I've been a mentor for years I have a lot to learn from you just as you do from me.

What am I looking for in a mentee?
I want a mentee who makes me laugh and sends me funny memes. I want a story that stands out from the others. It needs to be attention seeking with a desire to force me to turn the page. I want to be so compelled by your story that I get excited just thinking about it.

How do I prefer to communicate?

I prefer to communicate via discord PM or Instagram PM. I prefer to work with Google docs when editing/making suggestions. I am willing to receive chapters via email in a word document. I am not comfortable video chatting or phone calls from mentees. I am willing to discuss other platforms to PM in.