chapter 16

Alastor and Lucifer had been discussing the plans for their wedding, just small things at a time like the theme, where it should be, invitations and who should go.

"Right, we need to send the list of who we want to be at the wedding to Charlie so that she can send out the invitations she designed." Lucifer leaned towards the laptop on the table, glancing over at Alastor who lent back on his chair.

"Well obviously there will be Angel-Dust, husker, Vaggie, Rosie, Nifty, Cherri Bomb and  you can't forget Mimzy." Alastor grinned, watching Lucifer write down the names as he went along. "Al, I'm not having Mimzy at our wedding, she will only bring Chaos." Lucifer looked back over at Alastor, who glared back.." Fine, then Vox isn't going." Alastor crossed his arms defiantly.

"You already vetoed Valentino, you can't Vetoe Vox as well." Lucifer rolled his eyes, looking back at the laptop screen. "And you promised Angel that he wouldn't be there." Lucifer huffed, staring at the email he had to send to Charlie.

"I don't see why we have to invite so many people just because they are overlords, doesn't mean they gain the right to come to our wedding." Alastor raised his voice slightly, sitting up right. Lucifer looked back over at Alastor, glaring up at him.

"It's a wedding. In hell." Lucifer rolled his eyes, taking a deep breath. "The king and the radio demon are getting married, you do realise that would make you royalty right. You don't think people would want to see that!? Not even the overlords!?" Lucifer raised his voice a bit louder, but Alastor fell silent. Lucifer grunted and turned back to his laptop.

"Say that again." Alastor muttered, Lucifer looking over at him. "Are you trying to be funny?" Lucifer sounded serious. "No, Luci, what the fuck do you mean I'd be royalty?" Alastor lent in, his face seeming confused, Lucifer rolled his eyes turning away thinking he was joking.

"You're marrying the king of hell.. you didn't take a moment to think what that would make you?" Lucifer sighed, leaning over the laptop, staring at the screen in a stressed manner.

"Well of course I did.. your husband, that's what I'd be." Alastor shuffled closer to Lucifer, leaning towards him, his voice rather quiet. Lucifer turned from the screen again, seeing the seriousness in Alastors face. "Alastor.." Lucifer sighed.

"Listen, I'm sorry, it's just.. you didn't even think for a second that by marrying me, you'd be the king of hell too?" Lucifer muttered, looking over at Alastor. "Honestly, I forget that even you are the king most of the time, Luci. "Alastor chuckled a little, smirking.

Lucifer rolled his eyes, smirking. "If you're going to be marrying me, meaning you'd also be becoming a king, wouldn't you want the Overlords to see that?" Lucifer looked over at Alastor, leaning back in his seat. "Including the ones that you hate like vox. They could see that you are more powerful than before and will likely stand down from trying to overrule you." Lucifer smiled a little, trying to convince Alastor.

He sighed, leaning back in his seat. "Fine, but only at the reception." Alastor smiled back. "Great! I'll send the names to Charlie." Lucifer grinned, turning back to his laptop to start writing more names down before sending the email to Charlie.

Alastor sat silent for a moment, looking around the main room of the hotel where they sat. "We're not going to have it here, are we?" Alastor sounded concerned, it didn't seem like the right place to get married and to have a big party. "Oh, of course not. I was thinking we could host it at my palace? You know, ceremony in the garden and then the party in the hall?"