𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 - 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔰𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 ཐིཋྀ⋆

Start bij het begin

He smiled slightly, stretching his hand out to me.
"Hey, Lara right?"
"Yes, your sign says you're Ren?"
Ren nodded, leading me inside. A box sack, mats, and other sports supplies decorated the room.

"Matteo wanted me to visit you."
"I know. He's an old friend of mine and you probably thought that this building is some kind of joke, right?"

I shook my head, not trying to be rude.
"No, it's just..."
"Isolated. I have a bigger training center in the city, but here is just for people I know personally or friends from friends."

Now that makes sense. Matteo wouldn't hire a regular trainer. But is he really that special?

"What kind of martial arts do you teach?"
Ren handed me a hand tape over.
"I'm a Muay Thai master. In Addition, I know Taekwondo, Karate, Kung Fu, Jeet Kune Do, and Hapkido."

Anyways...

"That's impressive...Can you teach me Muay Thai?"
He raised an eyebrow, took a sip from his protein shake, and took his uniform off, leaving him in simple black shorts.
Well defined and covered his whole body, giving him a more intermediating look.

"Muay Thai is very useful in a street fight if you practice it correctly. In my opinion, the most effective martial arts. Although is it hard to determine the most effective one, it varies from person to person. Eventually, you would even have to invent your technique.

"Did you ever invent one?"
He grinned. "Just some stunts."
"Can you show me one?"
"Why not?"

Ren ran towards three in a circle standing and punching bags. He kicked one in the stomach, jumping and basically flying into the air striking the face of the bag next to it. Still in the air, he grabbed the other bag's head, spinning with it and slamming it into the mat.

I stared at him in awe, while he stood up, acting like he did not just take three standing punching bags in three seconds out.
"Wow..."
Ren winked at me, gesturing me to come on the mat.

"Don't be scared, Lara. Matteo would kill me when I hurt you."
I laughed, knowing that he would probably break Matteo into two pieces with one movement as a reflex.

"Okay, let's start with the basics."
He taught me how to wrap the tape around my hand and I stepped on the mat in front of him.
Ren placed a chair in front of me and then grabbed after my shoulders positioning me in front of the chair.

"Your eyes need to face the opponent and your hips. Today, we will focus on your lower body only."
I followed his words.
"Now, don't kick the chair, like you would do. First step to the right or left of the chair with one foot."

He watched my movement carefully.
"Now bring your knee up, slightly over the back of the chair."

His eyes followed my footwork, as I executed the movement faster over and over again.
"So far good. Now let's warm up and go on."

Ren and I spent about half an hour warming up and he taught me many ways of how to kick someone properly without breaking your foot.
Eventually, my ankle hit the chair and I needed to take a five-minute break, to ease the pain.

"Your position is wrong, how often do I have to tell you that?"
"I'm a damn beginner."

I kicked the punching bag for a second time and he shook his head.
"You're dogged that's why you aren't that good."