Important - my reasoning and high regrets

As we all know updating this book isn't a very accomplished thing of mine, I barely do it, and to be honest I barely have chapters written in my free time, and when I do publish the chapter has been written in the same day.

Divergent at one point was one of my favourite things, I immediately started writing when I finished the trilogy but sadly it is not one of my favourites anymore. But I am a spiteful bitch, and I refuse to quit this book, but I can't fathom the idea of doing it anymore and feel sick to my stomach and embarrassed to be on this app when writing 4-10K words feels like a chore when I used to be able to push it out with no second thoughts.

I'm thinking of starting a new project, something fun and stupid like one of those old chat fics, or something to do with anime now that I'm back into that.

Let me reiterate, this is NOT the end of Insurgent, I am determined to finish this and Allegiant, I have a whole ending set up. But right now, I cannot do it.

And I appreciate how supportive you all have been and how much love these stories get, but I'm not going to continue to write and spend my time on something that does not interest me. Undoubtedly I will pick it up again, I always do.

I also feel like my writing style is lazy, it's rushed, the character of y/n is not fledged how I want it to be, the relationships aren't moulding how I want. And I want to be able to give you all a proper reading experience and a little bit of myself. Because when I do write, I put tiny little specks of myself littered into every paragraph, and my style is not reflecting that at the moment.

I have been having a very hard time lately and no longer feel connected to myself in that sense, my mind feels barren, and my body feels disconnected. And I don't know how I'm supposed to write a reader insert when I can't picture how people are supposed to act and how to think rationally.

I'm very sorry, and I hope you all understand. Like I said this isn't the end and something will come up again, but not for awhile. Until then, feel free to look at my other stories or just forget about me until that time comes. I won't blame you for it.

~Hollie