t h i r t y - f i v e

PLS VOTE & COMMENT<33

"Were you sent by someone who wanted me dead?"

D E L I L A H  K N I G H T{UNEDITED}

Damien.

I didn't expect to see him. Not now, not ever. Or maybe it was that, I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to be reminded of the past. Not fucking again. Just when I thought it was all getting better, I was healing, I was finally happy.

Damien was one of my best friends, he made the best cookies in the world and had the sweetest smile that could lighten up anyone's day. 

But alas, he was also a part of the mission that was concerned with my assassination.

Maxwell, my mother, Emily, and Damien. They were all involved. My most precious people were all against me. I know I should move on, I know it was not their fault, but why did it have to be me?

How can I be strong enough to forgive? 

I looked at Maxwell's hand, which had left mine, now fisted towards his side as he gazed at Damien. Fortunately, he hadn't seen us yet. I wish we could get ignored but at the same time, I want to see.

I want to see what his reaction would be. Would he be surprised? Annoyed? Guilty? Happy? I had no idea what to expect, but I was also dreading it. 

Suddenly, I was pulled out of my thoughts as Maxwell held my hand again, surprising me. His eyes gazed at me, they were filled with nervousness. He was worried about my reaction, worried about me.

"Let's go meet the hosts." I speak softly, leading him inside the venue. 

This ballroom's a real piece of art. The walls are covered in these murals depicting vivid scenes and the air almost smells like Indian food. There's even a chandelier in the center, all made of glass and crystals, that casts a warm light on everything.

The Indian music possesses an almost hypnotic quality that seems to lure one in and make one forget about all else. The rhythmic melodies are so soothing and calming that one cannot help but give in to it. 

As we walked through the venue greeting everyone around us, who were potential clients and relatives. This was one of the biggest event conducted as the host was one of the world's biggest billionaire. There were many Indian and outside celebrities attending this event.

My fangirl heart bloomed and I had an urge to go take everyone's autograph but I had to keep my reputation.

As I was looking around the venue, my heart stopped as I made eye contact with those familiar eyes.  

Emily.

One of my only girl childhood friend, who yet again was involved in my assassination mission. I considered her as my sister.

My eyes widened as I looked at her. She was...pregnant? I didn't even know she was married?

Her eyes made eye contact with mine and I could see the recognition flash through her eyes, she walked towards me urgently, but she was trying to be subtle.

I paused in my place, my heart beating out of my chest as I looked at her. I was so fucking nervous at talking to her again. And cherry on top, Maxwell was missing. He was all across the hall talking with some client.