Chapter 15: The Fox: Adoption Papers Please

Extra Chapter Because I Love And Miss You Guys <3

Also if it's possible, you guys are still enjoying the story right? I feel like less and less people have been reading and commenting and I've just been a bit worried lately. I know I'm really really really really really really bad at replying to them but please know that I read every single one and appreciate them all <3

Also, this marks the first chapter of the end of Changbin's arc, then we will be moving into the Minsung arc which should probably happen a bit faster, and then we'll take a big tonal change as we move into Hyunjin's arc, and I hope you're looking very forward to that as it should be really really fun! (It's really the Hyunjin/Chan arc but I digress)

Also with the end of Changbin's arc we will be saying goodbye (mostly) to the ateez pack, so sad!!!!!!!

It does surprise you when you get home, and maybe it shouldn't, but after driving home, two hybrids follow you into your bedroom. Maybe it was the late night, maybe it was the long drive and the bonding. Maybe it was a combination of things you would never understand.

Changbin had helped you with Felix, carrying him into the house and into the bedroom shortly after. You would have thought it would have been hard for the hybrid given how tired he himself seemed. Hair sticking up in odd places, and you figure the shine on his face is drool from a hard sleep, but he does it flawlessly. He sets Felix down himself, taking off the others shoes and jacket before you can even think to do it yourself. Instantly after, he's turning on comfort items in the room, takes off his jacket, and plops right into the middle of the bed and falls asleep.

You can't help the tiny tired laugh that escapes you. You take a bit longer to get to bed. Slowly getting undressed and showering the sweat of the day away. When you're finished you head to the kitchen, yawning, grabbing a cup out of the cupboard.

You make some tea. Mind at a standstill, but yet the energy you could feel thrumming within you was keeping you from joining the comfortable hybrids in your room.

When the tea is ready you head to the couch, folding your legs underneath you. You let everything settle within you. The happiness, the sadness, the hope and the disappointment. The thoughts of how happy Felix was today, the crushing defeat at San not getting adopted. The fun you got to have with Chan and the warring and confusing emotions you've started to feel towards Changbin. It was all so much. Too much for a tired mind. You look towards the curtains, your eyes being pulled outside. They land on the treehouse.

You sigh. Memories flooding back. The fears you held, still hold about caring for a hybrid... You aren't a kid anymore but...

~~~

The next morning you wake up to Changbin, still in his human form, cuddled up into your side. You might be able to get away with petting him right now, but you're not exactly sure how he'd feel about the two of you being tangled up together like this. So you carefully extract yourself from the other, who promptly rolls over and hugs Felix in a tight grip. Felix, who you're pretty sure is awake, is purring and playing with Changbin's arms that are now wrapped extremely tight around him.

He waves at you as you head off, definitely awake then you laugh a bit to yourseld. You go back to the kitchen, wondering when life would give you a break from having to feed yourself.

You pull out three bowls, and suddenly it strikes you as odd, why you've started doing that automatically.

You sigh, now isn't the time.