Chapter 3: Will Pet For Pet Names

:|   :o     :0 

Introductions of more characters?? So SOON???? Impossible! Outrageous! 

- And just what to be expected for this chapter! Please let me know if you guys are enjoying the story so far! So much more on the way soon!

You slowly wake up the next morning. You open your eyes to see the beginnings of daylight outside your window, already shifting from orange to blue. You slowly breathe, taking in the cool air and best of all the fact that you did not have to go into work today. You wiggle your toes in excitement, and would have wiggled your fingers as well, but there's something rather furry under one of your hands. You look down only to see calico fur.

Oh. Right.

Felix.

Felix in his shifted form is just tiny enough that his body is barely bigger than the expanse of your hand. You'd almost think he was a kitten if you weren't sure of his age. That's one of the very few facts you knew about the tiny hybrid.

Well, you guess your plans for today might have to be moved around a little. Felix seems to be disturbed by your sudden movement.

He lets out the most precious little 'mew' you've ever heard in your life. It almost brings out the baby talk that you most certainly should not be doing in front of any hybrid let alone one you've brought into your home. He wiggles underneath your palm so you remove it. He stretches like any cat would, and then sits on your chest. You've seen this type of behavior before for sure.

"You hungry buddy?"

He meows back at you, and you can see little fang like teeth that poke out from his gums. In the back of your head you acknowledge that they would definitely pass a dental inspection from Chan. Maybe you should be more ashamed of how work has ruined your brain.

You sit up, holding your palms to your chest so Felix doesn't fall down with the movement, but instead of staying in your arms he bounces back down to the bed. And suddenly he's back to his human form.

He smiles at you, and somewhere inside you melt just a little bit.

You smile back and get off the bed. He attempts to follow you off, but instead falls down right on his little face.

"Are you ok?!"

"Yeah." He says, picking himself up off the floor.

You adjust his hair for him once he's back up, and he shakes his head once you're done. Hair coming back to look more like it did yesterday. You give him a once over, checking for any injuries he might have sustained. He looks fine so you let him run off into the kitchen.

You sigh, this is definitely going to be interesting.

When you get to the kitchen Felix is already there. He's looking around but hasn't touched anything you think.

"If you're curious about anything just ask me ok?"

"Ok"

"What are you feeling for breakfast this morning?"

He looks down at the floor, and then the counter, taking a sweeping look at everything on top of the counters. You let him take his time, but it seems he doesn't have any ideas, and looks up at you like you'll be angry at him for it. Eyebrows furrowed and lips almost quivering.

You think quickly on your feet and think about something easy to make that will be just as tasty.

"Do you have a preference between eggs or cereal?"