Vol. 3 Chp. 2: Deserted Island Exam

Start from the beginning

"That's... If we use it well..."

"It's unrealistic. We have to consider the worst-case scenario. If everyone took three minutes to use the restroom, it would take an hour and a half or more for everyone to go. Can that possibly work?"

"It's a pointless assumption. Everyone can use the toilet all at once quickly. Even though the school's decision was practical, they provided only one toilet. Shouldn't we make use of it cleverly?"

"I don't think so. From the get-go, I always thought that one simple toilet was impossible. If you reflect from there, isn't that a hint that eventually, we have to spend our points regardless, and we have to learn how to use them efficiently? You should know that, Yukimura-kun. Perhaps the other classes have reached the same deduction, namely that setting up temporary toilets is impossible."

This was ridiculous.

"It's all your speculation... Besides, if other classes set up a toilet, we would be 20 points ahead if we put up with it. We can use that, right?"

"Right. But it's doubtful that putting up with a toilet is a plus. It will add extra stress while inducing anxiety, and I'm also worried about hygiene. So, after an objective judgment, I thought that at least one toilet should be prepared."

"I think girls can calm down and challenge themselves in the trial, too."

Yukimura couldn't deny it.

"Well then, we should install a toilet."

In the end, the toilet installation was consented to due to Yukimura, who was previously on the same objecting team as Ike and was now giving in.

Horikita, Karuizawa, Shinohara, and the rest were a little relieved.

"Teacher, if we want a provisional toilet, can we decide on the installation site in detail?"

"If it's not on impossible terrain, then everywhere is fine. You can also re-transfer it after the installation, but in that case, it will take time. The weight is over 100 kilos. It's quite a bit of labor."

Hirata sighed in relief now that one problem was solved.

"The next thing is ... We've already heard opinions before, but we should also explore to decide on a base camp. Consumption of points depends largely on where we settle down," Hirata said.

"I wonder if someone among us is familiar with the survival."

"We yearn for the main character who was driven into survival skills by his father and trained to survive alone even in the jungle since childhood."

Everybody booed.

Sotomaru got flustered and apologized, but it was too late. He was hated.

"Um, if you don't mind, I'll go," Kushida volunteered.

Suddenly, the boy's eyes lit up, even though they'd refused to participate. The formerly reluctant fellows stepped forward and volunteered.

Some were motivated by Kushida's goodwill, while others might've been embarrassed that a girl had taken the initiative before them.

I raised my hand.

"Eleven. If one more participated, we could make three teams."

A reserved hand beside me was raised. When Hirata saw that hand, he named it in relief.

"Thank you, Sakura-san. We're 12 now. Let's go in 3 teams with four people each. It's 1:30 now, so I want you to return here at once at 3:00 regardless of the outcome."

Then, each person joined a team as they liked. In the blink of an eye, I was leftovers.

"H-hello, Kagurazaka-kun..." Sakura said.