Vol. 3 Chp. 1: This Isn't A Vacation

Začít od začátku

"Hey, Hirata, how far have went with Karuizawa? Why don't you try to be flirtier with her since we're on this long-awaited trip?" Ike asked.

As shameless as it was, Ike was making a good point. It's not about how far Hirata went with Karuizawa but the flirting.

"We are taking things at our pace," HIrata's cell phone rang.

"Oh, sorry. Miyake-kun looks like he's having trouble. I will be going now," Hirata said, fiddling with his phone. Then he returned to the cabins.

"What's his deal? We're on a trip, but he's worried about his classmates?"

That's how Hirata is.

"Karuizawa is Karuizawa, though. Lately, she and Hirata haven't been flirty with each other... Do you think that maybe they've broken up? If that's the case, that sucks. It'll mean more rivals to get Kushida-chan!" Ike said.

I think that's the least of your concerns.

Hirata and Karuizawa seemed less close now than when they'd started dating.

"I've decided, Haruki. I... will confess my feelings to Kushida-chan on this trip!" Ike proclaimed.

I hope you can handle rejection, Ike.

"A-are you serious? If she rejects you, it's going to be awkward, though. Are you going to be okay?" Yamauchi asked, worried.

"This is my selfish reasoning. Kushida-chan is cute. That's why most of the boys want to ask her out, but she's on another level, so no one can get the courage to confess to her. That means she's not used to being confessed to, right? I think my declaration of love could shake Kushida-chan's heart. It's like, you know, not entirely hopeless."

If she's on another level, you should give up, Ike. Yes, I think your declaration of love will shake her heart... in disgust.

"I see. So, you've already made up your mind."

"Yeah!"

I thought Yamauchi would be fired up and oppose Ike, but he didn't. He looked out over the deck as if searching for something.

"What's the matter?" Ike asked.

"Ah, nothing," Yamauchi responded absent-mindedly.

"Hey, hey, Kushida-chan. Can I talk to you for a minute?" Ike asked.

"Hmm? What is it?"

Ike approached Kushida, who had been looking at the sea.

I would watch the show and see a rejection, but I wanted to look at the island longer. Excusing myself, I wandered off, finding a spot to look at the island.

~Timeskip~

I was looking at the island as I was drawing in my notebook.

"Hey there, Kagurazaka-kun."

I turn my head and see Matsushita walking over to me.

She stood beside me as I continued to draw, "What do you think about this vacation?"

'It's strange.'

I nodded.

"So, you noticed something strange about this vacation."

I briefly stopped drawing.

'Can you tell me why you were stalking me when I asked a Senpai for old test exams?'

"Eh? I didn't think you noticed," she sheepishly chucked.

"Well, I had a reason to do it," she said.

'You have been stalking me for over a month. Do you enjoy stalking others?'