26 || The Final Showdown

Start bij het begin

To my surprise, a giant animatronic bear separates me from the rest of the building. His eyes are glowing red and he immediately grabs me. This time, the pain does come and it hits me quite hard. 

With nothing else to yell, I curse loudly and try to fight my way out of his hands, but she has his claws dug into my skin and he is pressing his hands together with me still in between them. He has me trapped, and right now I'm worried he's going to break my arms. 

"Let me go!" I finally find my voice. I pick up my right leg and try kicking and animatronic's stomach, but it does nothing. He just presses tighter and more and more pain floods through me. "Let go!" 

The more I struggle, the deeper the claws go, and the other animatronics aren't getting her fast enough. This bear is going to break my arms and there's nothing I can—

Two metal hands settle down on Toy Freddy's shoulders, and Mangle's faceplate head slowly lifts itself up over his shoulder, their eyes shining bright. I can feel the anger of all the spirits inside of the mess of wires, and all I can think to do is lean as far away as possible. 

This proves to me a good idea when Mangle unlatches their jaw and flings their head around, sinking their teeth into Toy Freddy's face. He lets me go instantly and I stumble backwards before rocketing around the two and running towards the flashlight. Abby uses the beam of light to guide me until I can actually see Mike's face. I run to him and place my hand on his shoulder as he reaches out and pulls me behind him.

"You okay?" he asks breathlessly. 

"Bleeding," I reply, trying to keep my head on a swivel to make sure no animatronics are approaching us. "Where are Jonah and Kaylen?"

"On the stage!" Abby says, pointing the light to them. Through the darkness, I see the two working on something the flashlight doesn't illuminate. 

"What are they doing?" I ask, turning to look at Mike. 

"Jonah said Sam told him about some circuit up there. He said shorting it out would cut off Toy Freddy and Chica," Mike explains, and my eyebrows furrow. 

"There's no electricity in this building!" I say, and Mike nods his head side to side. 

"That's why I said," he admits, and I turn back to them. "What's taking the others so long?"

"Give them a break, their bodies are almost older than you are," I say, reaching over and pushing Abby's hand over until the light shines on the hallway. Mangle has completely ripped Toy Freddy's head off and is now helping Jeremy get rid of Toy Bonnie, but that leaves Chica. 

And Chica is approaching the stage. 

I start to run to their aid, but Mike grabs my arm and I whirl around, ready to fight him so I can go help. 

"No," he says, seeing my fists balling up, "if you're doing something, we're doing it together." 

Without looking away from his eyes, I softly ask, "Can you get your fingers out of the claw wounds?" He flinches and quickly pulls his hand back, looking down to see my blood on his fingers. 

"Sorry," he whispers, wiping the red liquid on his jeans as he looks back up at me. "That's my bad." 

"Come on," I say, nodding to the room. "We have to get Chica away from the stage." 

"Which one?" he asks, and I give him an 'are you kidding me' look. "Sorry," he repeats, and I turn around and start to run into the room. "Abby, keep the light over here!" 

"Okay!" she chimes, and Chica immediately turns to face us. I come to a sliding stop, reaching my arms out in either direction to balance myself as the red eyes of the bird meet mine and then look past me.