(Curious...?)

Today is Friday, AKA; the concluding day of my first week at Sweet Amoris. It's been pretty good so far. I met a nice girl named Iris, I've been spending lunch with Castiel out in the court yard, I've only had detention once...
So far this has been my best first week at a new school ever. At this rate, I might actually be able to graduate by next year.

"Ah, Jamie," a familiar and soft voice called. I turned my head to see bright blond hair and matching eyes. Nathaniel. "How has your week been?"

"Pretty good, actually. I made a few friends!"

Nathaniel seemed to wince a bit and looked away.

"Yeah," he mumbled. "I've seen you around with Castiel... How are you and him?"

"What do you mean?"

He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck. "Are you two friends or are you dating or something else?"

I dropped the AP chemistry book I had been pulling from my locker in shock. "D-Dating? What? Why do you ask?"

"Just... Curious..." He knelt down and picked up my book for me, then stood straight and held it out. I took it and nodded graciously while shoving it in my black backpack.

"Well... I'll uh, let you get home then..." He looked away again. "See you on Monday, Jamie."

"Yeah... Later Nathaniel..."