Chapter Thirty-Five ۞ Finalizations

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you're here. Should I call Sai?"

"No . . . um, I'll wait. Please continue." She reached for one of the vacant chairs and crashed on it.

His muscles flexed as the palms of his hand steadily worked down on the blade. He made it seem so soft the way he was rolling it out--flattening it against his table like a mass of pizza dough. He occasionally needed the help of his tools to craft the smaller details.

Valeriana watched him work. He the shoved the metal into his furnace and heated it up to thousands of degrees before he flicked his wrist into the air. The molten metal, now practically liquid, flew up like one of Corvan's plasma balls. He then made a motion of spreading out his hands that it was flattened.

"What sort of Power Control is this?" She asked, wondering how he was able to do what he did. "Is this a minor element?"

Axel looked up with a smile, his work continuous. He molded and he crafted, his movements speedy and jubilant.

He really enjoyed what he did.

"Not everyone's fortunate to gain the ability of the Twelve. This is like a branch of the branch elements, it cannot be used for battle."

Valeriana leaned back on her chair as she tried to think back on the books she read. "I learned in PC class about this, I suppose. But I thought . . ."

"The weaker ones cannot bear the weight of the elements." Sai entered the room, his promised product in hand. "To wield them and reshape them upon will requires great strength."

Valeriana shook her head at her own naivëty as she stood to meet Sai. "I never thought of it that way."

"It's because you're surrounded by strong individuals. The Twelve are very blessed to be able to do what they're doing. Their control over the elements is astounding." Axel's eyes twinkled. "Did you just see how Courtney so easily stirred the winds to do her bidding? I would do a million flips just to have the kind of power. But then, I wouldn't be able to do this." He motioned to the object he was crafting.

"Man! Lord Corvan. You see him all the time, right?" Sai whistled, spreading Amaranthine out before her. "Fire loves that guy. They obey him like the prince he is. Not to mention Tamara and Lord Charles!"

The Twelve was surely amazing.

"Tamara controls ice like a master and Lord Charles specializes in manipulating water in its natural form." Axel shook his head with that rueful grin. "Lord Keelan? That guy looks harmless, but when he wants it, the earth becomes as soft as cotton."

They both laughed, making Valeriana smile along.

"Alright, do you think we can start?"

They proceeded with the fitting and Leticia came out a few moments afterwards bearing her armor. She clipped and strapped the gears in place, one around her chest, two for each of her shoulders, elbows, and lower arms. Then two for each legs, knees, and thighs.

"Good! They fit perfectly now!"

The three took a step back, admiring the outcome of their hard work.

"You finally look like a warrior!" Sai clapped. "No offense, but you sort of looked a little feeble before. No worries. You look more like the fifth-ranker now."

Valeriana self-consciously looked down at herself. "Did I really look like that?"

Conradine joined the trio and studied her current appearance. "I am going to confess that I thought you gave off a different vibe with the rumors circulating around you, however, that is clearly not the case."