Chapter 6

The Viking Wolf

It had been three weeks since that night, it was touch and go when they got to the healers house. He didn't want to take her to a hospital.

She had apparently not eaten that well before coming to the school or even when she had arrived, on top of her whipping, it was a dangerous situation and he was told that she may not survive the night because of blood loss and infection. He had given her his blood, due to them being mates, it had healed her quickly inside and out, just her body needed time to recover.

She laid on her side facing him, her beautiful blood curly hair flowing like the sea. Even in sleep she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his lifetime. He wanted to ripe the offender in half and them alive. But he knew he couldn't do anything until The Other arrived, being the most ancient of all the shifters his word was final. The Other had business to attend in the other world and was going to come back this evening, he couldn't bear to be away from his mate for too long.

The other ancient Alphas had to attend a business meeting with the human council, they too were to come back this evening too. He knew he had to tell them about the situation, but this was a time to have her all to himself, even if it was just to look at her fondly. In the Viking era, he had found this form to his liking, people feared him and respected him ever since.

The beast that lay inside him had been tearing at its prison walls, to be able to hold her. He knew the feeling, he too wanted to hold his mate, but he knew he had to wait one more hour for her body to fully heal itself and then she would wake up. He just had to have patience.

—————————————————————————————————————————————
Emma

I slowly came to, my eyes felt groggy as I opened them. I was shocked to find the Viking Ancient Alpha shifter, sitting in a chair by the bed that I was laying on. He smiled down at me gently asked as he moved closer "how are you feeling, my love?" I slowly moved, but I didn't feel any pain which I was shocked about, I looked at him confused asked "how? Why do I feel refreshed and not in agony?" He said gently "I gave you some of my blood. You managed to heal quite quickly, I might add. Inside and outside are healed perfectly" I smiled at him said "thank you" then a memory hit me hard, I shot up in the bed asked "wait, what happened to Ruth and Jenny?" He said as I was getting up out of bed "stop, Emma. You need a little bit more rest. You cannot do too much, too soon" I grabbed a large scarf and wrapped it around my nightgown replied "please, I need to know" he got off his seat and said "okay, I will take you back to the school. But be warned, they are currently on trial, your mother had persuaded the school's board that they were the attackers. It will be quicker using my portal" I nodded my head and we stepped through it.

As soon as we came through into the ballroom, I saw that it was indeed a trial, with Mr Hawkins as the judge. Everyone gasped aloud as they saw me enter the room. My mother was in the witness box, shedding fake tears and had been pointing at my friends, when we had entered the room. I scoffed said as her eyes widened as she took me in "your punishment, didn't kill me. Dear 'mother'" realising that she was found out she started to say "darling, I am so glad y......." I spat "don't you dare say that. You are no mother of mine. You never was and never will be. You even persuaded Mr Hawkins that my friends were the attackers and not yourself. What did you do, did you lay with him to persuade him to do it?" I had looked at him with disgust, as I said the last bit.

He took of his judges clothes and instruments said pleadingly as he walked closer to me "my beloved, I would never do that. I was blinded with rage and grief, fearing you were dead and gone forever from my grasp. You have been and always will be: my hunger, my need, my light forever" I looked at him with disgust, then composed myself said "I will forgive you, when you let my friends go, along with there families and never go against them again. Or I promise you I will never forgive you again".