The specimen roared and regrew it's arm, spewing more bug monsters from its chest. The Tifa cloned had disappeared and she returned the shuriken to an fatigued Yuffie. "Take a breather." Tifa instructed as she kicked a bug into the air and grabbed it, throwing it down towards the bigger monster. Cloud whipped his sword, killing two more as Barret blasted the last. The specimen suddenly lunged forward, swiping away at Y/n, Barret, and Tifa. Tifa was sent rolling across the ground while Y/n and Barret crashed into the walls of the laboratory. The specimen tried to uppercut Yuffie with its claw, but she was able to blackflip away. Cloud jumped in and clashed with the monster. He drew his sword back and thrusted, impaling the specimen's leg. Y/n tried to imaple it's face with Drain Lance, however the specimen's tentacle grabbed onto Y/n, stopping him. Barret fired at the beast to try and draw its attention. Using the opportunity, Tifa dove kick into its face, stunning it. Cloud followed up by slicing the tentacle off, allowing Y/n to thrust the lance into its chest. Yuffie rushed towards the monster and used the lance as a leaping point, allowing her to slamm her shuriken into the specimen's head. "Hojo's getting away!" Barrer exclaimed as they quickly rushed towards the elevator.

As the elevator opened, they were able see Aerith within the cell, however she was guarded by a squad of Shinra troops. "Aerith!" Cloud called. The girl gasped as she turned to her saviors. Hojo's voice then ring throughout the lab. "Very impressive. I really must thank you for providing me such invaluable combat data." Hojo then turned to Y/n. "And I only know of one bloodline capable of spawning weapons from thin air. You're the one who got away... Prince Noctis. Oh how long has it been." Y/n glared at the doctor with rage. "Never believed I would see you again. But here we are. Divine intervention cannot defy fate. Now to subdue you and we can get started on our plan to procreate a new lineage. One blessed by the gods themselves and one carrying the blood of the ancient past." Hojo laughed and licked his lips. Aerith turned to Y/n whose gaze remained locked on Hojo. "Boys, do leave the prince alive, but the others... kill them."

Before the troops could react, Y/n had used a Delta Daggers to warp near two troop and slit their throats.

Y/n warped again as the troops fired where he once stood

Y/n warped again as the troops fired where he once stood. Y/n reappeared and dropped a fire ball which exploded, burning two other troopers. The last could barely stand as he shook with fear at the sight of his burning or suffocating comrades. Y/n switched from the daggers to Hardedge and brought down the sword, cutting the final soldier.

"Yes! Yes! Such display of power!" Hojo shouted in excitement. "The test shall continue as soon as more reinforcements arrive." "Will they get here in time to save you from us!?" Cloud questioned. Hojo turned to the blonde. "Hmm. My, are you a SOLDIER?" Cloud was hesitant to respond. "Yeah." "No, not quite. Oh, now I recall. My memory was mistaken. My boy, you weren't a SOLDIER." Cloud began to have another episode and grabbed his head in pain.

Suddenly, dozens of cloaked figured appeared with in the lab and flew towards Hojo. "Huh!? What is is thus fascinating phenomenon!?" He questioned as the cloaked figures carried him away. "What are those things up to this time?" Barret asked. "Cloud!" Aerith called. "Right. Barret." "On it. Stand back!" Aerith moved away as Barret unleashed a barrage of bullets onto the cell's lock. The door slid open and Aerith was set free. "You came for me!" She exclaimed with happiness. "Yep." Cloud simply responded. "You good?" Tifa asked. "I'm great!"