Chapter 1: Taking the Fall

"Eros, don't you have something to tell my daughter Eri?" My mother, Elodie says one fateful night while we are having dinner with Eross and his mother, Floreen.

"My agency said that it's best if we shoot a reality show together to cancel the rumours of our divorce." Eros says. I continued eating and tried my best to hold my emotions inside. Something I've been very good at these past months while living with this shit of a man
.
"I don't think it's a bad thing, Eri. This will be a great marketing strategy for our brand name, too." Mom said. "I know you're a smart girl. You have to place your emotions aside for the betterment of some things."

"Mom, stop." I say through a firm tone. I feel Eros looking at me and his mother move a little in her seat in my peripheral vision.

"I think it's not a bad idea." Floreen says. "There's no reason for the heirs of the King Enterprises and Eros Broadcast Industries to do a reality show together. Given the fact that you and my son haven't told the people you are divorced already–"

"Could you all please stop? All I want is to just eat before I go through my work again" I say. Losing my grip with my patience a little. I look at my plate and to my luck, I am not even done eating yet. So I grabbed my food and stood up. "Alright, I just decided to eat alone. If you may excuse me."

"Sorry for her manners, Flor and Eros. She's had quite the temper since she was a kid." My Mom continues.

"Eri." I hear Eros say. I stopped by my tracks and waited for him to utter a word. But I did not look back. "I know you aren't interested in me anymore, but could you please think about it?"

Is this what you call deja vu?

(3 Years Ago)
"I know you aren't interested in me." The man smiles confidently as we start eating the food on our table. "And that you'll pay for this dinner on this blind date because you were never interested in free meals. I know that all too well by now, Ares Athena Rouge." Excuse me? How did he know? And how dare he say these words in my face? Is he trying to manipulate me into not doing those things as planned? Just because he knows them too well, already?

"Excuse me?" I say through gritted teeth. What is he getting at?

"Eros Ravi Choi. If you decide to cut me off after this, remembering my name would be enough for me. Because I'm not backing down from you. It's either you realise that it's already time for you to get off of that cold icy throne, or I'll sit in that demise of yours with you."

(2 days before)
"Eri, what do you think about another blind date?" Yeren, who's real name is Erienne Rave Choi, my flatmate and officemate says. She's hardly my friend because I do not interact with her that much but she likes to set me up on dates which I don't hate that much.

I am 20  now, just graduated college and am starting my career as a junior research and development engineer in a firm. Let's just say that I am trying to keep up with the life that I should have had when I was younger. I am trying to experience dating. In a lot of twisted ways but, maybe I'll get it sorted out in a bit, or not.

"I'm not against it." I say as I fidget over the prototype 3d model of the product I am in need to improve. "When are you setting it up?"

"When will you be free?" she giggles. There's one thing why I don't dislike Yeren from most of the people I meet and become acquainted with. She's annoying but she's tolerable and she's true. So even if I actually don't like people, I can say that I don't hate her.

"I can make time."

"Right. The day after tomorrow then?" I stare at her and she already has her wide smile on her face. "You'll not regret this, I promise."