Lodge Party

The firefighters were in awe at the interior of the lodge. Chrys even noticed a few other changelings besides her, but one stood out to her. 

This changeling was a queen, and she seemed pretty old, but she was still stunning with her age. Dark stripes went across her grey exoskeleton and the cores on her mask like face were a bloody crimson, like her sister's and mother's. 

Chrys walked over with respect and the worker and warrior changelings with this ancient queen stepped aside. 

The queen was a head shorter than Chrys. "Hello, my fellow queen. Is there something you wish to talk about?" Her voice held wisdom and gentleness. 

"I'm sorry for intruding, your highness. But you seem very familiar to me." Chrys tilted her head as she tried to remember where she saw this queen before. 

"Hm, I see." The elder queen raised her antennas and Chrys did the same, before they both entwined their antennas together and got a flash of a memory. 

It was before Chrys was left in Radiator Springs; she was being held by the elder.    

When they let go, both had tears in their eyes as they embraced each other tightly. It was then the other firefighters noticed Chrys with the elder. 

"It's so good to see you again, Chrys." 

"It's good to see you too, Grandma." 

The two separated and the elder queen took Chrys' face in her small talons. "You look so much like your father, but as beautiful as your mother." 

"You don't look so bad yourself." 

"Chrys, who's this?" Maru was the one to ask as he slightly bowed to show respect. 

"Everyone, this is Elder Queen Crimson Von Rouge Changeling. My grandmother." Chrys introduced her grandmother and then introduced her friends. "Grandma, this is Dusty, Maru, Dipper, and WIndlifter. They're my friends and coworkers." 

Dipper bowed next. "Your majesty." 

"A pleasure to meet you all. Chrys, can I speak with you, I want to catch up after all these years." 

Crimson led her granddaughter to a more private part of the lodge. "So, have you told them of your condition yet?" 

Chrys shook her head. "No, not yet. I'm waiting for the right moment." 

"You better tell them soon. With your job the transformation might trigger early." Crimson was right as Chrys thought back to when she was talking to Blade. 

A line through her exoskeleton broke open and was oozing a liquid before she went to talk to Ruby. "I understand, Grandma." 

"Good, now, have you found a mate yet?" Chrys' cores glowed as she hissed a bit. "Grandma!" 

"What? What I say?" Crimson shrugged as she chuckled, her granddaughter knew she was teasing. "Let's go find my group." 

The two queens walked around to see the firefighters with two elder RVs around one of the fire pits. They sat down as Windlifter finished his toast. 

"Cheers!" 

It was then Maru looked to the two queen changelings with them. "Hey, do changelings have stories?" 

Crimson answered as she was given some food by a changeling worker. "We have our history as our stories. But there is one story among our kind that has never been proven real. The Final Transformation." 

Chrys took some of the food handed to her next. "When a changeling gets to a certain condition, they will create a cocoon around themselves and go through something unknown. It is said to be triggered early by extensive damage."

"Woah, and it's never been proven real or documented at all?" 

Both queens shook their heads, but the younger seemed more on edge than the elder. It wasn't uncommon to see Chrys like that, but in a moment of relaxation, it was strange. But she quickly changed the subject.

"So, how's Gaile doing?" 

Crimson smiled as she answered. "Your sister-in-law is pretty nervous about your sister's pregnancy." 

"Bet she's going off the walls with having to be a new mom." The two laughed as the night continued. 

(A/n: Sorry for the short chapter. I was a little rushed and tired, but here you guys go.)