Harry Potter's Girlfriend Cancelled Practice

Start from the beginning

Mattheo's eyes darted between Harry and me, sensing the tension in the air. "Look, mate, I didn't mean to intrude or anything," he said to Harry, his voice tinged with unease. "We only hang out when Ginny's with us—"

"Ginny?" Harry looked around mockingly, and far longer than he needed to to prove his point, "Funny. I don't see her."

"Harry, please," I interjected in a whisper. "don't make a scene."

But Harry presses on, his gaze never leaving Mattheo. "Why not?" he says sharply. "Seems like the perfect opportunity to set the record straight, doesn't it?"

Mattheo shifted uncomfortably, still smiling and not helping. "Look, whatever happened between Y/n and me is history. I mean far in the past," he said, his voice strained. "I'm not here to cause any trouble in your relationship, I just still wanted to be her friend."

"'Friend'? Aren't you known for getting around? I'm sure all of those scenarios start with 'friends'?" Harry continues.

Mattheo, genuinely, thought for a bit then shook his head, "No, actually."

"Please, mate," Mattheo adds. "I mean it when I say I don't want to cause any prob—"

"Oh, it's no problem at all," Harry's lips curled into a sneer.

I sighed at the sharpness in Harry's tone, my heart sinking at the realisation of just how uncomfortable he was with the situation. "Harry, please—" I repeated, but he cut me off with a dismissive wave of his hand.

"No, I think I've heard enough," he snaps, his eyes flashing with a mixture of anger and hurt. "Enjoy catching up with your ex, Y/n. When you're bored of him again, you know where to find me."

And with that, he turned and walked off.

"Bloody dramatic if I've ever seen it," Mattheo mutters.

"He's really not! If I put myself in his shoes he's rightfully upset."

Mattheo opened his mouth to speak, but I'd gotten my words in before him.

"I hope you're happy now, Matt," I say to the boy, before turning to run after Harry.

Harry and I being together doesn't take away from the fact that he has one hell of a temper, and the solution he had come up with was fully just walking away when he got too worked up, in case he says something he doesn't mean and will end up regretting. Annoying? Yes. Effective? Also yes.

But this happened to be a case where that would cause more harm than good.

"Harry!" I sighed as I followed him all the way back up to the common room.

"Harry! For heavens sake, just reply!" I beg as I follow him all the way up to his dorm.

"What! What's there to say!" he finally replies as I shut the door to his empty dorm behind us. "Please don't let me cut your catch up with the man whore short."

"Harry, I can promise you that there's nothing—"

"Okay, maybe you can, but I can assure you his intentions are different."

I gave him an unimpressed look.

"I'm sorry, okay?" I say, "I am... If you're not comfortable with me being friends with him, I'll stop."

"No, please," he sniggers, "please don't let me ruin your fun."

"I'm being serious!"

"But—"

"Well what do you want me to do?!" I scoff, "Go back in time?! Behead the boy!? I dated someone else before you and you did the same, there's nothing we can do! I'm telling you my solution and you don't wanna hear it! You're impossible!"