Chapter 5

{1st Person POV}

*BOOM*

*BAM*

*CRASH*

Rex: ''Hn, that's good... Let's stop for now''

I clapped once to get the attention of every shadow warrior and they all immediately stopped fighting one another... They're starting to improve but only by a bit though.

If you are wondering what's going on, well... It's just training. About two days have passed since 'That' incident, and I still feel like shit...

I've tried to get over it and focus on other stuff, but it is difficult. There is not a moment where my mind doesn't wander back to that day, not one minute where I don't wonder if there was anything I could've done... I've come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to forget this, but I have hoped that at least I wouldn't be haunted by the memory of it...

Since I wasn't going to get anywhere by just moping around I decided to do some training to get my mind off of things. It helps somewhat.

Currently I'm training with my shadow soldiers. I kind of realized that it's pointless to train them to become stronger, that will only happen when I let them kill stuff. Still, that doesn't mean I can't train their coordination.

With that in mind I proceeded to have them fight against one another in small teams. And while that was going on, I was personally taking on my commander, Igris.

{BOOST!}

The announcement of the twin gauntlets pushed me further as I threw a hook at Igris' face, he tried to avoid it, but the increase in power I gained put his timing off by just enough resulting in a facefull of fist.

Rex: ''*Huff* That was good... This should be good enough for now''

Man... Even with my current level I still can barely handle Igris. If I lacked the sacred gear I have I likely would've been outclassed since he doesn't need to breathe or rest thanks to him being a ghost.

[Boosted Gear] / [Active] / [Level: 1 (Exp: 47%)] / [Cost: 100 SP]

Description: In a time of war, in a time of strife, two beasts chose to test their might. Two dragons rampaged throughout the land, their powerful claws and teeth rending both heaven and hell. The three factions joined forces, if only to stop these monsters before their rampage would doom them all. And thus the dragons were slain, sealed inside creations of the Biblical God, and passed down from human to human. However... What they had started didn't end with their death, the battle between the red and white dragon emperors never ceases. And eventually, destiny draws them to each other for another fight...

Effects: Grants [Boost] buff upon activation, each [Boost] increases {STR/AGI/SNS/WIZ} by [10%]. [Boosts] can Stack only up to 10 Times, SP cost for every consecutive Boost increases by {x1.5} and between each Boost there's a {10 Second} Cooldown interval.

It is hard to describe how this feels to use... Whenever I boost, I feel as if a river starts flowing through me, each boost making that flow greater & stronger.

It was disorienting to use at first, it's like going moving at 10 mph only to suddenly start moving at 15 mph though I've gotten used to it by now. It really is a great boon, and I feel like it's going to save my ass more than I will keep count of.