Chapter 4

{1st Person POV}

[Congratulation! Your Class is {Shadow Monarch}]

..........

I stood motionless for a few seconds. Simply gazing at the blue screen in front of me. I blinked several times in that time frame, as if to confirm I'd not started seeing things.

{Shadow Monarch)

I... I can't even begin to describe the flurry of emotions raging inside me. I was stunned for a good bit of time in place trying to process everything in a way that didn't make me feel like I was having an aneurysm.

You know... Ever since I stepped inside the second floor, I had this rather nagging thought sit at the back of my head just out of reach... It felt like I was missing an important piece of a puzzle, a puzzle I was sure I've seen before but didn't quite remember. But now? Everything finally managed to click together...

'Steel Fanged Raikan'...

'Ruler of the Swamp Rasaka'...

'Blood Red Commander Igris'...

All of these names felt so 'familiar', but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It felt like the answer was so close, yet I was not seeing it right. But as of now, the final piece slid in place, and the revelation left me feeling an awful lot of emotions.

All of these monsters... And even my class... Are all from [Solo Leveling]!

.........

Now. For those of you who are wondering what the hell am I yapping on about, well... Remember how I mentioned 'The Gamer' manhwa a while ago?

Well, Solo Levelling is that, but better. While 'The Gamer' gave a fun and interesting premise, it got pretty sloppy down the line all while my dawg Solo Leveling started out great and kept being great.

Why did I remember just now? Well, it's been a while since I read it, so it took me a while to notice the details. Oh well... Better late than never. It does feel strange though...

The third and fourth dungeons were ripped straight from the source but the first two not so much. Did the system change things to somewhat be close to the progression that led Sung to become the Shadow Monarch? Maybe...

Well, it's not like I'm complaining or anything, I just find the choices that the system made to lead me here a little odd.

Either way, I now had what I sought to gain. What I risked tooth and nail to grasp... I feel like I truly achieved something great.

[*Ding*]

[Would you like to activate your class?]

[Y/N]

Ha, Is that even a question? Without any hesitation or fear, I pressed the 'Yes' button, my heart ready and my spirit prepared...