I win! for now

“Bravo, good show. I can’t believe you were beat by a girl so easily. I’m disappointed Eurytion,” Ah, so that’s his name, “And you,” he said, pointing at me, “I never agreed to your deal, so come with me Eliza Gnosi.”

The first thing I was concerned about was how he knew not only my first name but my last name too. I never told anyone my last name; not Luke, not Annabeth, not Calee, not the Stolls. I hated it because it meant knowledge in Greek. I didn’t like showing that I had a smart last name too!

The second thing was the fact that he had three bodies. He had one head, two legs, two arms, but three torsos; each with a different colored shirt. How did he get the shirt on the second one?

“You’re Geryon!” I yelled, realizing I actually knew this monster.

“Yes, yes, I’m Geryon. Now let’s see what we’re going to do with the little brat that tried to steal my cows. Eurytion, give her a tour of the place. Miss Gnosi wouldn’t you love to see the other animals?”

“Actually, I’m saving Apollo’s cows and Geryon; I wouldn’t particularly fancy seeing the other animals. But seeing as I know I don’t have a choice I will go on a tour with you, Eurytion,” I said with a fake smile plastered across my face.

“Good, I’ll be back soon, don’t do anything stupid Eliza.” And with that Geryon left.

“Now, he’s gone, little miss. Liza did he say?”

“Yes… So you’re Eurytion, son of Ares?”

“Yup. I’ll let you let these cows free, a deal’s a deal. But he might catch ya, so be quick.”

I quickly wacked quietly at the chain a few times while he fired up the “moo mobile”; it looked like one of those kids’ rides you see at fairs and carnivals. I let the cows out and in to a small forest near the farms as quietly as I could. Hopefully Geryon thought it was just the moo mobile’s horn.

After they were all in the forest I hopped into the moo mobile and we were off. There were some awful animals. Eurytion was telling me about how he didn’t want to work for Geryon anymore but he didn’t have a choice. I told him I hoped he was freed someday.

The tour finished and I was about to leave when Geryon came out.

“WHO LET OUT THE COWS? EURYTION I TOLD YOU TO KEEP HER AWAY FROM THEM!” Geryon roared.

“Listen up you three bodied freak, I threatened his life and then let them out because Apollo told me to. If I need to fight you to get to leave I will, but I don’t like kicking old men’s butts. So let me go or fight me, your choice.”

“I don’t fight little girls, but you’re a special case. I’ll fight you, loser dies.”

“Prepare to be killed,” I said, and you could hear the smile in my voice.

I grabbed my bow charm, but Geryon had no time for that. He ran at me with a roar, but when his hands went towards my middle, I wasn’t there. I looked down from my tree and shot. It hit him right in his middle chest.

Oh, but of course, his chest healed right up leaving me out in the open in the tree.

“Sorry sweetheart, but I have three hearts. I’m really hard to kill.”

I growled and jumped the moment his hands wrapped around the tree trunk to shake it. I landed on the roof of the barn and started slide. “Cursing” (kid curse words of course!), I picked myself up and knocked three arrows. I shot....

And he caught the third arrow, two sinking into his other chests, healing as I scrambled up the roof. Having him realizing I wanted to be at a high place was one of the worst things that could have happened. He decided he was going to climb up after me. Clambering back from his raking hands I knocked another arrow, trying to get to his side.

Obviously being beat before, he wasn’t going to let me get to his side that easily. I growled in frustration and kicked out at him blindly. I hit his nose and he recoiled, giving me enough time to leap into the tree by the barn and get to his side. I shimmied down the tree, poised to shoot, prayed to Apollo, Artemis, Athena and any other Godly being that would help me to shoot straight, and released.

It soared through all three of his hearts, giving him just enough time to comprehend what had happened before he burst into dust.

“Eurytion, I won! I won! You’re free!”

“No I’m not Liza. I’ll be hunted when he comes back if I don’t finish my first term at least. I can’t leave yet, but you gave me at least a week without him. That was mighty fine shooting. Now how about you start a fire and we can cook up dinner. I’ll go get the hamburger meat.”

“Not hamburgers. I don’t like Hamburgers. Do you have any steaks?”

“Actually, we do. You heat up the grill and the fire to give our offerings. I’ll go get the steaks,” Eurytion said heading into the house.

I started a fire in their trash can and heated up the grill. Eurytion came out and grilled up the steaks while I made a salad. We made our plates, made our offerings, mine to Apollo, and ate.

“So you’re a daughter of Apollo? Guess that explains the archery.”

“No, actually, I’m a daughter of Athena; I just got my quest from Apollo. He’s picking me up soon to go on the next part of my quest. When the sun sets, he’ll be here.”

“Ah. Well, I’ll go wash the dishes, you clean off the grill and then we get sit out here and watch the sunset while we wait for Apollo,” He suggested grabbing our plates and the salad bowl.

When we were finished cleaning up Eurytion walked out and sat down on the ground. I sat down next to him and we watched the sun set in a comfortable silence, like a little girl with her Uncle over summer break.

The Sun had fully set and next thing I knew Apollo was there with the Maserati and you could see Artemis’ chariot in the sky.

“Well, it was nice meeting you Eurytion. Apollo the cows are in the forest. Let us go,” I said, entering the car and waving to Eurytion goodbye.

Apollo hopped in the car and looked at me like he was just processing I was there.

“That. Was. Amazing.” He said finally.

Next thing I knew he was engulfing me in a hug. I liked it, it was nice. He then started repeatedly kissing my head and going “she lived, she lived, she lived” again and again.

“Yes, I lived; can we head to Delaware now?”

“Delaware, huh? We’re going in the morning. Zeus gave me special permission to let you sleep on Olympus tonight. Or where ever you want to. Except the state you pick for the next part. And if you sleep at Olympus you’re sleep in my palace, because I don’t want to lose you tonight. You can attack the bookshelf no one believes I have or the music collection, or talk to the Muses or…” he said, trailing off.

“I would love to stay in your palace at Olympus Apollo, but this is a quest. I should at least camp somewhat.”

“It’s not a quest! It’s a stupid test Zeus set up and you really should stay on Olympus so I know that you’ll be there in the morning! I’ll let you drive the sun!” he said, pleading with puppy dog eyes and nearly turning hysteric.

“OKAY! I’ll stay on Olympus Apollo! Let’s head there now though so I can get some sleep!”

“Thank you Liza, just, thank you. Let’s go,” He said, suddenly with a mischievous smile on his face that you could here in his voice when he said that last part.

A/N: I hit 2 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <-----(I'm slightly excited)