I get claimed...twice?

Chapter 4

Everyone immediately sprung into action. The small group of Apollo and Athena kids went to the left and Luke and I slipped through to the right side of the woods. We walked for no more than five minutes when we spotted their flag. The Ares and Demeter kids were attacking the diversion group, leaving two Aphrodite kids guarding the flag. Luke handed me one of the grabbing arrows and I pulled the bow off of my bracelet. I aimed and hit the flag right in the middle, snatching it back without annyone noticing.

I zipped right passed the stream and back into our side before the other team had even snatched the flag away.

I was about to scream in glee at winning my first game when I looked up at the flag and nearly screamed in shock instead.

"Luke, why is it green and grey? Why isn't it for Hermes? Why is it split in half?" I asked, hoping for answers, but in return I got a shrug.

All of the campers had gathered around us, confusion lining all of their faces, many of them whispering and pointing at me.

"Eliza, you're going to head up to Olympus to discuss this confusion with the Gods. Argus here is going to escort you to the empire state building. Ask the man at the desk for the key to floor 600 and make sure no one follows you in," Chiron said, a man with more eyes than I could count standing behind him," Oh, and Olivia, you may have to make room for miss Eliza here in your cabin. Everyone, head to the campfire, we will discuss of this no more tonight unless you want to wash the dishes for the next month."

Everyone scattered and Argus and I headed to the van at the bottom of the hill. I was practically bouncing down the hill at the idea of going to the outside world again.

My thoughts ran rampant during the car ride to the city. I'd only been a few times before and I'd never been in the Empire State Building. Argus was a silent man, probably because of the eyes on his tongue. But I didn't mind, really, I liked it. It left me time to think about the hell that would soon come my way.

When we reached the building Argus dropped me off with a nod in the direction of the building and a wave, which I took to mean he'd be back when I was done.

My palms were sweating when I reached the front desk, and I was shaking so badly that I must have looked like a chihuahua. I was never good in social situations and my brother always asked for things when we were in public.

"Hello, Sir," I said looking up at the man reading a Harry Potter book, "I need the key to the 600 floor. Chiron sent me."

He looked skeptical at first, but decided I was alright after noticing my shirt. He handed me a key card and reminded me to make sure no one entered with me.

I stepped into the elevator alone after inserting the key card and pushed the button labeled 600. An instrumental version of Stop, In The Name of Love was playing and it made me feel even more uncomfortable than I already was. Reaching Olympus was a blessing, both because the music had stopped and the scenery was beautiful.

The whole place was shimmering white and gold, with a scent of summer wafting through the air. All around Olympus there were minor gods and goddesses and nymphs wandering around, enjoying the beauty that came with life in greek heaven. There were stands selling nectar and ambrosia and the muses were playing a concert in the park and nymphs were running away giggling from love struck gods. Everything was beautiful and harmonious. That was, until I entered the throne room.

The were screams all around and gods were throwing things at each other and everything was chaos. They only calmed down when Apollo, who had been arguing that his affiliation with the subject was negligible, turned and saw me. He whistled as loudly as he could, which nearly deafened me, and turned the attention of the Gods upon meager me.

"Good evening my lords and ladies," I said bowing at Zeus's feet, "Could anyone enlighten me on what happened tonight?"

"Dear child, I am pleased to see you remembered your manners in a such a confusing situation," chimed Hestia, smiling at me from the hearth, "I think it will be best that I explain to prevent any natural disasters."

"Poseidon is your paternal grandfather, having sired your father shortly before he made an oath against having mortal affairs along with his brothers. This means Poseidon has the right to claim you. However, Athena is your biological mother, which gives her the right to claim you as well. This simply means that you have more godly genetics to you than human, unlike the usual demigods.

"This doesn't change too much, you will simply offer both gods a blessing at meals. You will do your daily tasks with the Athena cabin, however, if their cabin is full you will sleep in the Poseidon cabin. You have the right to call lights out and any other privilege being the most powerful demigod at camp gets you."

Apollo finished up Hestia's speech, "We are going to have you sleep here tonight to ensure that the Harpies don't eat you and you will return to camp in the morning. Follow me to your room for the night."

He jumped down from his throne and became human sized at the same time, and then beckoned for me to follow him. He turned and winked at Hermes before leaving, blushing bright red when he realized I had noticed.

A/N: this is where my editing had stopped. The next two chapters are under construction. I suggest that you stop reading here.