Crying, Yelling, Fear

The ceremony was the night before. Amora watched Ginny Weasley and the other first years get sorted. The next morning Amora was enjoying her breakfast with Cedric and their friends. "Still can't believe that Ron and Harry flew a car." Amora said, looking at the Gryffindor table as Cedric chuckled and said, "Well, hopefully they learned their lessons." Amora rolled her eyes as she turned to the Gryffindor table and saw that Oliver was staring at her. His eyes widened as he turned to his side embarrassed that Amora caught him.

After breakfast she went with Harry, Hermione, and Ron. They all walked to the greenhouse for their first lesson. They all walked to their spots in front of a plant. A professor walked out and said, "Morning everyone." No one heard the professor, so she clicked on some pots and said, "Good morning, everyone." Everyone turned and said, "Good morning, Professor Sprout." Professor Sprout then said, "Welcome to greenhouse 3 second years. Now, gather around everyone." Professor Sprout started to instruct what the students were going to do then asked anyone what a mandrake was. Amora and Hermione had their hands up so Professor Sprout. "Ms. Lupin and Granger." Hermione started off, "Mandrake or Mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified." Amora then continued, "To their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hear it."

Professor Sprout then said, "Well done, 10 points to both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff." The Gryffindors and Hufflepuff's silently cheered. Draco was standing beside Amora and so he took her hand in congratulations making Amora nod to show her appreciation. "Now, as our Mandrake's are still only seedlings. Their cries won't kill you yet. But they will knock you out for several hours. Thats why I have given you each an earmuff. To wear for protection." Amora looked down at the earmuffs as Professor Sprout said, "So could you put them on right away?" All the students put their earmuffs on as Professor Sprout said, "Flats tight down, and watch me really closely. You grasp your mandrake firmly. You pull it straight out." They all watched how she did it, but Amora saw poor Neville faint. Then they had to do it and it was horrible.

Hours later at lunch. Amora sat with your friends eating. Then they heard an owl above them as Dean Thomas said, "Ron is that your owl." The owl crashed into the food, but Ron looked frightened. "Oh Ron." Seamus then said, "Look Weasley's got a Howler." Amora looked at Seamus who was looking at her when Neville said, "Open it, Ron. I ignored my granma's last time. It was horrible." Ron started to open the Howler as it said, "RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STILL THAT CAR. I AM ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTED. YOUR FATHER IS NOW FACING AN IQUIRE AT WORK. AND ITS ENIRELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE. WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHR HOME. Ah and Ginny dear. Congratulations on making it to Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud. Amora Lupin, you will be spending Christmas with us this year. Your father has an important meeting."

The letter tore itself up and crumbled onto the table. 

(543)

(543)