5-Basics

Falling asleep in the car isn't exactly the most comfortable thing to do, but guess what.

I fell asleep. In the car. With someones blonde highlights having head on my shoulder. I only notice it when I wake up and I'm too tired to shrug it off me. But I don't have to because after I wake up, so does West. She sits ups and crosses her arms as she leans her head back onto the headrest.

When we went to the dinner, my dad, Jakob, and I got there by Uber. We were supposed to meet up at West's house afterwards so we all just kind of piled into Natalie's car. It's late. Like 11:30 kind of late. So it's not that late, but nonetheless it's still pretty late.

The car is almost completely silent with the exception of mild conversation between Natalie and my dad in the front of the car. The rest of us are squished up in the back. There's a bit of heavy-ish breathing from all of us. Abby and Jakob because they're sleeping, and West and me because we're both awake but tired. West is trying to go back to sleep and I'm just sitting there.

So we actually have to get married. Like I get this is beneficial for my mafia but was there really no one else? I get it, Abby and Jakob get along great but do our parents really think that's going to be West and me by the end of this?

I won't lie, she's definitely grown since high school. Like she's really grown into her features and she looks... nice? She dyed her hair. It used to be a basic brunette color but now there's little blonde pieces. She never had tattoos but I can very clearly see the one on her arm. She never really had piercings, only two, but now she has lots of them on her ears. That explains her issues with listening to people.

Once we get to the car my dad turns to me and says, "Get everyone up and come inside, okay?"

I nod and he get out of the car to follow Natalie inside of their house. I gently toss the back of my hand to West's stomach and her half asleep self jumps before inhaling heavily and moving to sit at the edge of her seat. "What?" she asks with a yawn.

"We're at your house. Can you get those two up?" I gesture to Abby and Jakob who are curled up and are definitely the reason we had so little space. West rubs her eyes and turns to the two. She shakes Abby awake. "Abby, get up. We're at the house," she whispers.

Abby groans and before West can even ask her to, she wakes up Jakob. By opening the car door. She only opens it a little but it was just enough for him to roll of his seat and land in between the chair and the door, which pushes it open and he falls out.

West pushes her sister. "Abby, what the hell?" Abby sits back with crossed arms and giggles to herself as West climbs out of the car to check on Jakob. I give Abby a fist bump and a nod of approval.

"You've got muscle. Man up and you'll be fine," Abby says to Jakob while he's lying on the concrete. He shakes his head with a chuckle and gets up. She's right though. Jakob works out so he's definitely got a good amount of muscle for a 17 year old boy.

Abby and I get out of the car and we all begin to head inside. "There they are," Natalie says when we walk in. Abby, Jakob, and I go to sit on the couch while West leans against the fireplace, rubbing her eyes with her hand.

"I understand you're all tired but we still have things to go over for the marriage," my dad says.

I hear Abby mutter, "It doesn't involve me? Awesome," before laying down along the couch. Jakob chuckles and I hit his side. He hits me back and just before we break out fighting, my dad yells over us.

"Boys, let's not." He shoots is a glare and we stop fighting. I can see West roll her eyes at me from where she is before giving me a nasty look. When I give her one back she look away. "Anywho, we've come up with a plan for the year long engagement."