1-Impulsive

(Emilia's POV)

"Should we?" Ariana asks.

"Hell yeah."

"But won't your mom be pissed?" Marcus asks.

"Uhm, duh, but she don't gotta know," I respond.

"So then why are you doing it?" Marcus asks again.

"Because I can." Marcus rolls his eyes and Ariana reaches for the bag of chips. "Okay but in all seriousness, when was the last time you felt joy?"

"How about, when we didn't do things like this on a regular." Typical Marcus. He's Ariana's cousins and he usually hangs out with us. We have fun but he's been getting a bit more serious lately.

"Ugh, you're no fun. It's either this or going to get blacked out drunk at some club with crappy music," I say.

Ariana chuckles and is now holding the bag of chips in her arms. "That was fun." Ariana is my best friend. She's Hispanic and you can definitely tell. She has straight black hair that she like to curl sometimes. She often uses her good looks to sleep with guys. She's a bit of a player and is almost always looking to flirt with people.

"No, it wasn't. You got carried home by some hairy guy," Marcus points at me.

"I got absolutely destroyed that night."

"And I had to drag your ass out back so you didn't get nearly killed by some girl."

"Oh right. I passed out ...from alcohol." Ariana laughs a bit before eating more chips.

"That might have been me. I thought she was eyeing the hairy guy."

"Since when did you know how to throw ninja stars? And how did you even get them into the club?" Marcus asks.

"Uhmm. How about you mind your business and I mind mine?" I offer with a grin.

"Are we doing this or not?" Ariana asks.

"No," Marcus says as I say "yes."

We look at each other. "We're doing it."

"I'm not," he says. "You two can get wasted or steal jewelry but I won't."

"LIA!" Abby yells.

"What?" I yell back. No response. I groan and stand up. I walk out of the room and towards Abby's.

"What do you need?" I ask as I swing open her door.

"I heard you were going out later." She's sitting on her bed with her legs crossed, phone in hand.

"Yeah, so?"

"Didnt mom say no dating?" she reminds me.

"Yes she did but I'm not going on a date," I explain.

She shuts her phone off and placed it into her lap. "So then where are you going?"

"Just out," I shrug.

She looks me up and down. "You're lying," she finally says. "Why are you lying to me?"

"I'm not lying. I'm just going out with Ariana ," I say.

"To where?"

"We don't know yet. We're just gonna walk around until we can find something to do with ourselves."

"Emilia!" Marcus yells.

"Be right back," I half whisper to Abby.

I step out the room and walk down the hallway.  It takes me a minute before I find Ariana and Marcus walking towards the stairs.