3-Dinner

(Emilia's POV)

I sit on the counter in my bathroom as I finish putting on a necklace and a few rings. There's just something about sitting right in front of the mirror while you get ready that's so peaceful. I used to have a fear of falling off but I've gotten more used to it and now I do it all the time.

I hear a few honks coming from outside just before Abby yells out to me. "Lia, come on! Moms waiting outside and I'm getting cold holding the door!"

"Okay, okay! I'm coming," I yell back as I brush my hair one last time. I hurry down the stairs in my heels and knee length dress. "Sorry," I say to Abby as I walk out the door. She closes the door behind us and we walk to the car.

"Here's how this is going to go," mom says as we close our doors and she peels out of the driveway. "We're going to sit down and have a nice dinner with a few friends, okay?"

"What friends?" Abby asks. She's got on a light pink knee high dress while I've got on a light green one. We're both wearing heels with little pearls on them.

She pauses before replying with, "Not important. At least not until we get there and I can tell you the news." She's so excited about whatever the 'news' is that she says the last few words of her sentence in a sing-songy voice and she shimmies her shoulders.

Abby and I look at one another confused. I have not seen my mother this excited in a hot minute. She's usually scolding me or praising Abby. "Ooh, I can't wait! I've already got the whole section of where we're gonna sit rented out and.." she rambled on about the plans for tonight.

Boy, does this woman love spending her ex husbands money. That was the only reason she married him, after all.

We finally arrive at the restaurant. It's one of those fancy places where you can see inside from how bright and yellow the lights are. I could've swore I recognized a familiar, bulky figure from outside. Their back was turned so I'm not sure who it was.

Anywho, we get inside and the hostess leads us upstairs towards a closed off area. She mutters something to my mom and she thanks her. I notice my mom slide her a few hundred dollar bills and I roll my eyes. As soon as they're back in focus I notice someone's nearly jet black eyes meeting mine.

Torres.

All of a sudden he jumps back into my life and now I can't even go a day without seeing him. He's dressed in this grey suit that hugs his body just right as he glares at me from his chair. His brother, Jakob, and his father are both sitting next to one another while Xavier sits at the head of the table. My mom pushes Abby and I closer to the table and she makes me sit at the head of the table while she sits across from Xavier's dad and Abby sits across from Jakob.

I scowl at Torres from across the table and all we do for a minute is glare at one another and each other up and down. Before the waiter walk over, that is.

"Hi, guys. My name is Anne Marie, I will be your server today. What can I get for you, miss?" The waitress asks as she turns to my mom.

She hesitates before ordering some champagne and a meal. Th waitress moves around to Abby before coming over to me. "And for you?"

"Uhh, just a water."

"Come on," Torres speaks up from across the table. "Your anorexic ass can't even enjoy dinner?"

I shoot him a glare, even though I'd love to shoot off his dick, before turning to the waitress. "Actually, make that a sprite, please. No ice." The waitress nods before taking everyone else orders and walking away.

"No ice? So you just casually drink your soda warm?"

I roll my eyes. "I don't like watered down drinks. If you're gonna care so much, leave."

"I don't care at all, West. In fact, I want you to enjoy your soda." That stupid nickname. I mean, come on. Are we still children? He used to call me West in high school because it's my last name. So in return I'd call him Torres. He hated it but so did I and in all honesty, we hated the sound of each others names.

"Bitch," I mutter.

"Ass," he retorts.

"I'm sorry weren't you a whore all throughout high school?"

He clenched his jaw. Ew, it's boxy enough, stop. "Weren't the only things you did were read and fu-"

I cut him off. "Mention that rumor where I fucked teachers for a better grade and so help me, Torres..," I threaten. My mom looks over at me shocked. "I can assure you I did not sleep with anyone for a better grade."

"You better not have," she mumbles.

"I knew you two wouldn't last long," Abby says as she twirls her pasta around her fork. This server was fast. "Pay up, Jakob."

Our siblings have always gotten along better than us but I never expected them to bet on it. Wait, does that mean Abby knew where we were going this whole time?

Jakob begins to look down into his lap and the sound of paper ruffling can be heard. He pulls out five bucks and hands it to Abby. "Unh unh, boy. We agreed on 10."

I won't lie, Abby can drive a hard bargain. Jakob groans and pulls out another five from his wallet before handing it to Abby. She pretend to count it and stuffs it in her purse. They're seventeen but act like such children.

I roll my eyes and look past them only to notice my mom and Xavier's dad whispering across the table. I think Xavier notices it too as he shoots me a look. All of a sudden they both stand up. "I have an a-" Torres' dad gets cut off by my mom.

"Oh, hush, I wanna say it! I've been waiting so long, Cesar!" she exclaims before clasping her hands together and continuing. "We- you forgot that part-" she whispers to Xavier's dad. "have got an exciting announcement."

"We-"

"Hush it, Cesar!"

"Stop cutting me off, Nat!" He groans. "We know that our families haven't exactly been the closest-"

"Only because of these two," Jakob mutters gesturing to me and Torres before realizing he cut off his dad.

"But we have decided go put all of the miscommunication to the side. We have come to an agreement which will, in a way, benefit us," my mom chimes in.

Cesar finishes for her and once he's done speaking my heart drops. "To, hopefully, put an end to the constant bickering between you two we have decided that once we believe the two of you are ready and Emilia finishes college, she'd be married off to our first born... Xavier."

Shit just got real. What do I do? Should I cry? Act out rationally? Walk away? Run away? Move to Philadelphia with Marcus? I can't even think, my mind is drawing a blank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Another chapter done!
I saw a girl with such a cute shirt today and she said it was from dollar tree. Safe to say I'm going to dollar tree ASAP. (For anyone wondering, it was Spider-Man )
I'm so excited to continue writing this story! I already have affairs planned out.😶 I even have another story idea for two characters.
I really wish I could say more but I don't want to give it away!