Part 4 ~ Chapter 23

En başından başla

Toothless then poked his head out of the entrance to talk with the trappers. "The dragons don't really care for cramped spaces, so they'll just hang out with you. They won't be any trouble."

The trappers then pulled out their weapons, which only made Hiccup growl at them in disdain.

"Unless you do that." Toothless said. "Wooden boat, big ocean–How's your swimming?"

"Not good." A trapper answered as they lowered their weapons.

All of the trappers then jumped as a sword was thrown onto the deck as Toothless poked his head out of the live well again.

"Oops. Almost forgot. Can't have armed prisoners." He joked as he pushed his sword further away from the live well with a hand.

One of the trappers took it and looked it over. As the trappers were distracted by the unique designs carved into the sword, Hiccup glanced at his family to make sure they were okay and Kala lifted her mask to smile up at him before she lowered it again just to be safe.

"How is this a plan?" Astrid whispered to Hiccup aggravatedly, but he ignored the question as he put his attention back on the trappers.

"It's just a Gronckle iron sword, nothing special. Well, besides its durability." Toothless explained. "Although it's not as cool as my dad's sword. His can be set on fire and even has a compartment at the other end of it for Zippleback gas that can be lit up with just the press of a button. And once a dragon sees you as one of their own, even the testiest dragon can be trained. Right Shadow?"

Hiccup lowered his head to help Toothless out. Astrid lifted Kala to help her get out and the hatchling dashed to her father's side as soon as her boots hit the deck as Astrid clambered out behind her.

"Give me that!" Eret shouted as he forcefully took the sword from the trapper and threw it into the ocean.

Stormfly squawked in surprise and chased after it.

"What game are you playing?" Eret asked as he made his way towards the small family with a glare.

"No game." Toothless reassured as he stood beside his dad and sister. "We just want to meet Drago."

Stormfly came back with Toothless' sword and dropped it into Toothless' open hand. He then sheathed it back in its sheath along his back and crossed his arms. Kala clung to Hiccup's leg as she hid from Eret the best she could, not liking how threatening he sounded towards her brother.

"Why?" Eret asked with a skeptical look on his face as Hiccup subconsciously covered Kala further from view as he pulled her closer with his wing.

"Because we're going to change his mind about dragons." Toothless stated firmly.

Eret and his men laughed at that.

"I wouldn't laugh about that if I were you. Persuasiveness runs in the family." Astrid said with a hand on her hip as she put all her weight onto one leg.

"Once you've earned his loyalty, there is nothing a dragon won't do for you." Toothless said as he rested a hand on his dad's side.

"Puh! You won't be changing any minds around here." Eret said confidently.

"I can change yours." Toothless said as he looked at Eret. "Right here. Right now."

Hiccup nudged Kala towards Astrid as he went between Toothless and Eret. Astrid picked Kala up and held her close as she watched the scene before her carefully.

"May I?" Toothless asked as he gestured to the saddle on Hiccup's back.

Before anything could actually happen, however, Toothless was snatched up by Hookfang and Snotlout as the twins had Barf and Belch slice through the port sail.