Prologue: Arrival

SIN: A religious offence against a moral or Divine Law.

DEMON: A spirit of a malicious nature that often brings about ruin and destruction.

Both these words are often termed together, with the devil as the perpetrator of the sin. The seven deadly sins represent the most vicious form these malicious actions can take form. However, oftentimes, it is the world itself that gives birth to these malicious thoughts and, in turn, to devils. A truth that Narumori Sakayanagi had learnt very well over the four decades of his life.

That's why he was surprised and concerned beyond belief when he heard this young man speak those words.

"Excuse me, could you repeat that?"

"As I said, Chairman, Revenge. I came here to take revenge."

"Against who?"

"..."

Two persons were sitting in a large room that looked more akin to an MNC's CEO's personal office than a normal one. Rich mahogany walls enveloped the room, creating a warm and enveloping cocoon that whispered of both luxury and purpose. The desk was an expanse of polished wood, adorned only with the essentials: a high-end computer, a leather-bound notebook, and a meticulously organized array of pens and office supplies. The leather chair that cradled Chairman Sakayanagi seemed to look more like a throne than a chair. Expansive windows lined one side of the room, revealing a panoramic view that stretched beyond the shoreline that lay ahead. The daylight cascaded in, caressing the plush rug beneath one's feet. A strategically placed reading nook beckoned with a plush armchair and a small table, inviting one to steal moments of reflection amid the daily hustle. Shelves adorned with leather-bound books and countless trophies framed the room, each item telling a story of achievement and excellence. The soft glow of ambient lighting emanated from tasteful fixtures, casting a warm and intimate atmosphere that contrasted with the bustling world beyond the door. The room exuded a curated sense of purpose, with a minimalistic approach to decor that emphasized functionality.

The sound of air conditioning filled the room as the two sitting in the office looked impassively at each other. Their eyes betrayed nothing of what they thought. After, what seemed like an eternity, it was the Chairman who moved first.

Chairman Sakayanagi sighed slightly as scratched the back of his hand. He could feel the weight behind those words spoken as if it was physically pressing him down. If it was any other Fifteen-year-old, he might have taken such a statement as a verbal jest. However, he knew exactly who was sitting before him. He knew what he was capable of; he knew that if this person had set his mind on something, neither the heavens nor the hell could stop him.

An ironic statement indeed when he knew that a majority of people who knew about him, as well as the person in question himself, called himself the epitome of the one who lived in hell.

'Demon Lord.'

This name was by no means an exaggeration for the one who sat before him. Instead, it fell too short to fully encapsulate the extent of this person's abilities. Chairman Sakayanagi knew very well that this person could very well destroy everything he had worked so hard to build with extreme ease if they so wished. That was the kind of existence this person was, after all. However, as the chairman of this school, he had his duty and obligation to protect the small seedlings under him.

"I see, but I have to wonder why have you told me such a thing?"

"Because you were the one to arrange Matsuo-san's funeral and the only one to attend it."

"That's..." Chairman Sakayanagi wanted to deny it by saying it was a given. However, he was beaten to the punch by the person before him.

"Thus, I have decided to come clean about my reasons in lieu of respect for him. However, I have a deal to propose to you."