And You Left

It hurt me so much to see you break. I couldn't bring myself to regret meeting you, though. I regretted coming into your life. Did it hurt you? To have something to hold on?

You were getting weaker by the day.

Your emotions were getting altered, and I noticed. But I didn't stop taking you to see the fireflies.

It was December, it was freezing.

"Will you miss me?" I remember hearing your voice. It was soft, it was questioning, and it pierced me. It pierced me that you even dared to ask.

"I don't know what we are, but I miss what we were, Ash." She was confused, I remember how the fireflies lit her eyes in the dark, how her head turned to face mine, how she wanted to know what I meant.

I didn't know what I meant. But I could feel it, she was changing by the second. The only strand of reality she was still holding onto was the fireflies. I missed all those laughs we had, because I knew soon, soon I wouldn't hear it.

Years had passed, and I kept my promise.
I kept by your side, like a dog to an owner.

Loyal, loving. I really loved you.

We went from fourteen to nineteen quickly. Half your life expectancy- gone, just like that. I refused to separate from you, but you were unable to go to college. I still met you by our tree everyday, though.

Every

Single

Day.

-----------------------------------------

!A/N! This is my own book that I created. If you do not know what Huntington's Disease is, here's a quick recap for you: 

**Huntington disease is a brain disorder in which brain cells, or neurons, in certain areas of your brain start to break down. As the neurons degenerate, the disease can lead to emotional disturbances, loss of intellectual abilities, and uncontrolled movements.**

Google to the rescue.