"No. No you didn't. Hence my visit today." He gestures to the two cronies beside him, and then further. My heart falls as I watch three other wolves step out from the shadows where they had been waiting. Three I could have maybe taken. But six? Never. I gingerly take a step back. In a swift movement, Rodrigo flicks a finger out from behind his back and a quietened shot sounds somewhere from my right. My Alpha instincts kick in, Aida pushing to the surface as I turn with an elegance I'd forgotten. But I've definitely lost the little skill I had, the plastic baton round grazing the side of my arm. I hiss in pain. At least I'd managed to avoid a direct hit.

"Now, now Reyna. An Alpha doesn't run from a fight." I want to strangle him, want to punch that stupid smug smirk off his ugly fucking face. I may have the title of Alpha, may have the aura, but I'm too unfit to have the power. And he knows it. Or at least he thinks he does...

I let my aura seep out, allowing my Alpha power to flow around me. Two of the males falter in their steps slightly, but the others simply continue to slowly move towards me. Rodrigo must have them well trained. I allow a little more to seep out, hoping to unnerve them. The two that faltered glance at each other, before walking forward slightly more hesitantly. I don't miss the way the crony on the left chances a glance at Rodrigo as if he's also unsure.

"Why are you here, Rodrigo? If it was just for an RSVP you do know you could have called?" I've finally caught my breath enough to speak, and I urge every ounce of authority and derision that I can muster into my tone. Rodrigo simply laughs.

"Oh I know. I'm just here to remind you what happens if you say no." He grins wickedly at that, and I can't help the jolt of fear that shoots down my spine. I spent so many months hating this man, so much time living in fear of what he would do. And yet never once did I fight back. Why? Because I thought I loved him. But now that I can fight back, he won't even give me a fair fight.

I'm tempted to take another step back, but I hold my ground, aware of the hidden wolf with his rounds of painful plastic bullets. I allow Aida to take over a little more, my aura pulsing around me. Other than Rodrigo, the other wolves have been forced to bow their heads in submission, yet still they edge forward, their loyalty to their Alpha commendable.

In the distance, the motorbike engine stops, and my heart falls in my chest. It's not Isaac, it never was. He's still too far away to help. I'm all alone, once again, with no pack to support me. A proper Rogue, I think dejectedly.

He's only a few metres away now, and I can sense the panic rising within me. I've seen what he's capable of, felt most of it. But I refuse to let myself budge, finally standing up for myself as I should have done all that time ago.

His hand shoots out so fast I barely see it, but Aida does. She's so close to the surface that she instantly takes control, our aura of dominance fully exposed as she grips the hand that would have hit us, locking it tightly within our fist. From the corner of my eye, I spot three of his companions taking a significant step back.

"Fucking bitch." Rodrigo hisses, attempting to pull his hand out of my grasp. I wait until he gives a particularly hard yank before suddenly releasing him, watching in amusement as he stumbles backwards, off balance. But my mirth quickly dies as I see the anger in his eyes. I'm gonna pay for that.

With an angry shout he leaps towards me once again. His anger makes him clumsy but he's fast, and even though I dodge to the side, his punch clips the edge of my jaw. My head swings sideways, my eyes swimming as I barely notice the second punch coming. I dodge again, allowing Aida to take over as she neatly avoids the second punch, and sends one of her own back, a flat palm to the chest that pushes Rodrigo back and gives us a tiny bit of breathing room.