28.

I rolled over to find a soft cushion under my chest. Since when does this cushion breathe so rapidly? I opened my eyes to find head full of hair. Getting up from my place,  I saw Amogh looking at me and my chest with wide eyes.

Did I just suffocate him??

"I am sorry. I was just sleeping here. I promise I didn't touch you!." He whispered looking away. I hate him being so formal with me.

"Ok? Why are you explaining? You have seen it before. There's nothing wrong if we are in this position. Aren't we husband and wife? Didn't you just declare openly about us? Break your stupid promises?." I asked. Amogh looked at me again with an emotion I did not understand.

"I love you Anagha." He sincerely expressed still trapped between my arms. Looking away, I got down from his bed. Adjusting his hoodie which proved to be too hot for me, I removed it without thinking much.

Shit!

I ran into his washroom understanding how fucked up my decision was. Looking around I found extra pair of brush and towel. Thanking God that I still have his hoodie in my hand, I cleaned my face with his toiletries. Getting out of his washroom, I scanned everywhere to find him gone. After 3years I entered his room. Hoping his habit of having extra clothes for me hasn't changed, I searched for my clothes which were updated to my size and kept neatly in a corner.

How did he find my size ?

"Thanks." I said sitting near dining table not meeting his eyes. Whereas Dr Amogh looked at me with a smile and arranged the table for breakfast while his mom who returned early this morning, placed food on the table. We both sat down side by side not saying a word. After I stormed out of college post presentation, we both slept without having lunch. Around 9 in the night he ordered pizza for me which I ate like a hungry pig silently.

"Have you slept well?." Mom asked and I nodded my head as yes.

"I am so glad we both left home. If not my son wouldn't sleep properly even if you are here." She commented making my ears go pink.

"People tend to sleep well if person beside them sleeps like a log." She said laughing at her own joke.

Ok! She meant it as a joke! Ok! I need to calm down.

"So are you going to college today professor?." His mom questioned to which he answered as yes. It was peaceful kind of silence where we both understood what it means to sort things out,  not completely but in a way only I can understand.

"Anagha! I am proud of you my child! You are epitome of knowledge! I am surprised you never topped any of your subjects all these years! You have your own shine beta." His mom complimented to which I said thank you.  We both silently got into his car as he needs to attend surgery this morning whereas I was called to collect my paperwork which I submitted to join this college as senior resident. It was too calm for my liking, I felt our dynamics changed overnight or maybe his expressive words made me give him an opportunity to pursue me again.

"Are you comfortable?." He asked. I nodded my head as yes.

"I asked your mom to give me few spare clothes including your inners." He said looking at me.

"I did not question you. " I said not looking at him.  He smiled without a word.

"Don't bother responding to trolls or comments. Just keep your head high and get on with your work. There are many doctors in our college/ hospital who work together. You are no exception." He said as he parked his car. I nodded my head bracing myself.  I won't be meeting my friends Kasturb and Jai as they left for their hometown. They are planning to get into senior residency close to their home. Maybe I can see Jai here as his gf is still studying.
Getting out of his car, i saw many students giving me nasty looks. Dr Amogh held my hand and dragged me towards his department. People looked at our intertwined fingers and gave thumbs up while some just had disappointed face.