Prolouge

Somewhere in B city....

An earthquake triggered chaos amidst the busy street making everyone alarmed and panicked. Several people run for their lives, some got into an accident and there are also a few who were frozen in shock, unable to react. Then, huge cracks form on the ground that soon broke and revealed those of monstrous beings.

"How nice it is to see that these humans retreat and run like maggots! A delightful sight, indeed!"

A monster said with a sneer, hunger for blood evident in their single huge round eye. Not wanting to waste time, the giant Cyclops run and everytime his feet touches the ground, it creates the surface to shake and didn't hesitate to swinging the massive wooden bat causing people to suffer from severe injuries. Some fell unconscious while the cries of helpless and terrified children echoed throughout the area. Buildings started to crumble one after another as more monsters wreaked havoc in the B city. The Heroes Association immediately called for help and announced the city's current situation. Unfortunately, there were only a few heroes who responded and came but their numbers aren't enough. Despite their powers and ranks, three(3) of the S class heroes and an amount of eight(8) of A class heroes were insufficient to tackle such crisis.

"What the hell? They just keep on comin'!" exclaimed Bad, also known as Metal Bat as he struck the back of the goblin's head that was about to harm a group of children. Poor things, they must've been very traumatized.
After checking if the monster was fully unconscious, the hero approached the children. He noticed that they're wearing uniforms from a kindergarten school, which made him confused as to why the kids were left behind when their supervising teacher was nowhere to be found. The black haired teen hero looked around the place, but he couldn't focus because more monster with different level threats kept swarming the area, making him click his tounge in irritation. Looking back to the group, his expression softens slightly, hoping it'll help to calm them down as he also search for a safe place for the kids to hide. While on his search, he sees a man riding on a bicycle heading on their way and luckily enough, he knew who it was, Mumen Rider. Bad called for the other man and guides the children to him.

"I'll leave 'em to you. After that, please call for more—"

Before he could even finish his sentence it was cut off by a high pitched scream, hearing that it caused the children to cry.

"W-where's my mom? Waaah..!"
"I want to *hic* to go home...!"
"Ms. Rosie—that's Ms. Rosie's voice!"

The situation is growing more handy than it seems. The two heroes nodded before going on their separate way, Bad sprinted faster to reach the woman's  location quickly as possible. As the situation worsened, he couldn't help but think of a particular person. It's not like he wanted to see him, no, maybe but he could really use a helping hand! The exhaustion is really taking a toll on him. As when Metal Bat arrived, the woman was being surrounded by a horde of creepy-looking gnomes, each one of them wields different type  of weapons. With another click of a tounge, he readied himself for another round of fighting. And with a resounding yell, he charged forward, swinging his metal bat with precision, striking multiple targets along the way until he reached the woman's side.

_______________________________________

After making sure the woman left safely, that's when Bad felt a sharp throb in his head causing him to sit down on the cold ground, wincing in pain. While remembering his recent battles, a particular memory clicked in when he fought a beast with two heads of a snake with a scorpion's tail. He received a few scratches but he never knew that it would give such an effect. Bad's panting grew even heavier, a mix of exhaustion and the onset of a fever caused by the poison from the beast's attack. His breaths came in labored gasps as he fought to keep his focus and push through the continuous effects of the poison. Nonetheless, he mustered up strength to stand up, albeit weakly and begun to retreat from the area. As he turned to the near alleyway, Bad suddenly collided with a wall, almost stumbling backward. However, he managed to regain his balance and opened his eyes to see what or who had caused the impact. To his surprise, he found himself face to face with the person he had been thinking about just hours ago. Not only that, but he was also holding Bad close as a support to prevent him from falling to the ground. He could feel the tightness of the grip, but seemed like it was a careful and gentle embrace. The unexpected closeness caused Bad's cheeks(👀) to flush a deep shade of red. Meanwhile, the other person gave him a small smile, their dimples were visible.

"(N-n-n-name)?! W-why are— *coughs* y-you here..?" the A class hero's expression shifted to annoyance from the once dreamy and shock look that he had before and slightly pushing the taller male away from him, arms crossed as he glared at you.

"And why are you late?!" 

He demanded. Taken aback by the sudden change in demeanor, you raised both of your a hands in defense.

"I apologize for the delay. I was caught up in some... other troubles of my own~"

With a deep husky voice full of mischief, you responded, flashing him an "innocent" smile. To others, it may seem those smile could make any person go weak on their knees(he already feels it and would definitely beg you to f—) but it's obvious that there's more into that smile of yours.

"But you're forgetting one thing..."

(Name) leaned in, bringing his face to level Metal Bat's face. The close proximity caused his pulse to quicken and for his cheeks to redden as the taller of the two whisper words into his ear, Metal Bat's breath hitched.

"I'm no hero..."

——————————————————

A/N

Hello, guys! This is my first time writing/publishing such book. Be free to request a love interest(s) or give your opinions about this story. If you have further questions, I'll try to answer them all in a separate slide. Also, please read the description carefully! This book is only made to entertain myself and make a certain idea of mine, but I wanted to post this to share it with you. That's all, thank you and have a great day/afternoon/evening/night!🫶🏻

Extra:
I used the guidance of A.i to make the content of the book and grammar to be somewhat understandable.