My wrist band interrupted us; an incoming call from Kiara.

I looked down at Daisy, waiting for her to give me the go ahead to answer the call, and with a slight nod of the head, accompanied by a smile, I swiped my wrist band to my ever so cheerful sister.

"Morning, Kai. Is Daisy with you? I'm still getting nothing when I call her, where is that girls wrist band?"

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. Daisy, on the other hand, chuckled softly whilst grabbing my arm.

"Morning, Kiara, how can I be of assistance?" She cocked her head to one side.

"I'm coming over in a few hours. Atlas and I have our appointment soon and as soon as I've finished, I'll pop back home and get your things for tonight."

Daisy's party had slipped my mind, and although she seemed fine about it, the mere mention of the party made her feel anxious.

"Perfect. Good luck with your appointment, I hope everything goes well." She smiled, but I knew that her smile was more about Kiara's appointment rather than her party.

"Thank you, sweetie, I'll see you later." Kiara chimed before ending the call.

Blowing out a breath, Daisy looked up at me. Her deep blue eyes twinkled in the morning light that shone through the window, and I couldn't help but feel warmth when I looked into them.

"Party day." She groaned, scrunching up her face.

"Don't worry, my love, I'll be by your side throughout the whole thing." I reassured her, softly squeezing her whilst peppering her face with kisses.

A soft sound of laughter excaped her throat, causing me to smile as it filled my ears.

I'd never felt so protective of anyone before, not even Kiara, and now that I had Daisy back in my arms, I knew that I'd never let her go again, even if it killed me.

"Would you like to shower, my love?" I asked, loosening my hold on her.

"It depends.." She grinned.

"On what?" I asked, knowing exactly what she was thinking.

"On whether or not I'll be showering alone."

Pretending to think about her offer, she wriggled out of my arms and climbed out of bed.

Walking towards the bathroom, she looked over her shoulder. "The offer is gone in three.. two.."

Before she could get to one, I scrambled out of bed, darting towards her.

"One." I mumbled, lifting her into my arms before carrying her into the bathroom.

DAISY'S POV

Kai and I had just eaten breakfast, the nightmare from this morning now a thing of the past.

I finally had my wristband back, turning it on as I sat on the porch whilst soaking up the warm rays of sunshine.

After a moment, my wristband buzzed. Looking down, it buzzed again, then again and again and again.

It must've lasted at least five minutes before it settled, and in that time, Kai had joined me outside, informing me that the messages coming through were likely all from him.

"Why would you send me so many messages?"

"It was when you were on Earth. There were times that I felt feelings of despair and although I knew you wouldn't receive them, it helped me cope in your absence."

I looked down at my wrist and then back up to Kai, unsure of what to say or if I should read them.

"Please don't read them." He breathed, looking down at his hands. "I forgot that I even sent them. I stopped after the first few months and it never crossed my mind that you'd eventually receive them."