03. first day.

◛⑅·˚ ༘ ♡

the first day of a new job is usually the hardest. that goes for anything new, really.

jung-seok sat in the back of the taxi cab, staring out the window in a neutral coloured hoodie, a black puffer and jeans. he wanted something casual and comfortable for the first day, instead of shoving his body in a tight suit and weird glasses. a grey messenger bag was slung across his shoulder, having some essentials he though he needed.

he felt sort of privileged to possibly meet famous idols like stray kids and itzy, even though he didn't really know them. after all, they were loved by almost everyone in seoul, and the world too.

but at the same time, he felt as if he was just another normal person in their lives. another staff member. i mean, staff get fired and hired everyday.

"your stop, sir." the taxi driver said, snapping him out of his thinking trance.

jung-seok blinked and jumped slightly at the voice. "oh, yeah. sorry. thank you for the ride." he bowed his head before opening the door and stepping out.

he shut the door, and his eyes met the tall building of JYPE. it's blue-ish windows reflected off the sky like a mirror, the sun beaming against it. the building was maybe 25, 30 stories high?

he took a deep breath and strolled towards the front door of the building, seeing people walking around the front area of the building. were these staff too?

the automatic door parted open, and he stepped inside the building with his hands in his pockets.

the inside was fair sized, a large cafeteria being most of the ground floor. the floor was a grey-black carpet, and the ceiling lights were very welcoming.

"hey, you're not allowed in here." a deep voice startled jung-seok. he was stopped by a hand placed on his chest, and he turned to see a tall, dark skinned man wearing a black suit.

"oh, uh-" jung-seok felt intimidated by the man. damn, i forgot there were securities everywhere in entertainment companies.

"i-i work here. i'm a new staff."

just then, a lady wearing a light grey blazer and grey pants walked in between them. she was holding a black purse and her phone.

"hey, don't scare him, he looks so pale already." she said to the man, and he nodded. she turned to jung-seok, her clean bob-cut waving with her movements.

"are you okay?" she asked politely.

"y-yeah, yeah. um, i'm actually a new staff member here. today's my first day." he chuckled nervously, fiddling with the ends of his puffer.

the lady put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "ah, no worries. come this way. have you eaten? want a drink? water? any food from the cafeteria?"

the sudden bombardment of questions overwhelmed jung-seok a bit, but he politely declined. "i'm fine, thank you."

"okay, come this way." she placed a hand on his back and led him further in the building.

"so, the bottom floor is cafeteria and information center. then the other floors are offices, dance practice rooms and dorms." she explained as she led him towards the elevator. "there are many idols and staff members, hopefully you will know all their names in a bit."