08. the boba afterparty.

◛⑅·˚ ༘ ♡

about two hours after the show finished, most fans had left, only some batshit crazy ones were still buying merch and asking where their bias was.

the eight members and jung-seok sneaked out, hoping to avoid the public eye. all of them had face masks on, even jung-seok, so it didn't look suspicious. the nine of them walked across the street, hoping to not get caught by paparazzi.

they arrived at the boba shop, not long after. it was late at night, so there were no other customers in the shop. everyone ordered their own bobas, jung-seok getting a strawberry milk tea with white pearls.

they decided to sit down at the biggest table in the empty store, next to a wall full of cute paintings.

"so, jung-seok..." chan started. "we all wanna get to know you better. first, do you have any nicknames, or do we just call you jung-seok?"

jung-seok sipped on his boba. "i don't really know, they sorta just come naturally. i don't have a fixed nickname, people just start calling me stuff and then they stick to it. every person is different. my sisters call me jungie sometimes."

chan raised his eyebrows. "you have sisters? what are their names?"

jung-seok nodded. "one younger, one older. hye-won and sora."

chan nodded. the other members seemed to be intrigued.

changbin spoke up. "do you have any hobbies?"

"well, i like playing basketball. i might've become a basketball player if i wasn't your assistant. one of my close friends is also a basketball player, byeong-cheol."

"i've heard of him before." jeongin said. "he was on tv the other day. junior games."

jung-seok nodded. "he's a big fan of you guys, so is my younger sister, hye-won."

they chuckled. "we have way more connections with you than we know." han said, his gummy smile showing. minho sat right next to him, no space in between them.

they drank their bobas in silence for a few moments before jung-seok spoke up.

"do your staff let you come out like this? with no supervision? don't the fans and paparazzi start crowding you?" he asked, genuinely curious.

they shook their heads.

"not really. they can't control us anyway, we're too... frantic." han chuckled at the last word.

"the masks and stuff hide out identities. when staff come and surround us, it's even more suspicious, so when we go by ourselves it just looks like a group of friends hanging out. which, it is." chan said, giving a small smile.

"do you guys have more fameetings? i heard from your manager you have two more."

"we have two more in korea and then two in japan."

jung-seok nodded. "wow, so many shows. i've never been to a real concert before."

"well, we're glad to be your first. and you get to be backstage too."

the nine of them talked about other things, their personal lives and hobbies. jung-seok noticed seungmin didn't talk much through the whole thing, usually looking down at his drink and fiddling with the straw.

jung-seok checked his watch. "it's almost eleven, i think we should go back now. you guys need to shower and all that."

they walked back towards the stadium where all their stuff was, and during the walk jung-seok decided to speak to seungmin.