A Demon's Plea

Stepping outside that stuffy library, and getting away from that creepy basement made me feel lighter. Happy. Even more so now that I might have found a way out. It might take some time, but at least it feels a lot more reasonable than trying to achieve some impossible to quantify goal like friendship or love. Maybe with time I can make a friend out of Patchouli too.

I have some free time, so I take a step outside of the mansion. After Patchouli's blunt attitude and Koakuma sleaziness, I feel like hanging out with someone a little more friendly.

When I reach the main gate, I was about to call for Meiling to find her, until I see her leaning on the wall with Sakuya sitting alongside her. The maid is reading a book, while Meiling listens with a smile on her face. They were at each other's throat this morning, so it was oddly heartwarming seeing them share a moment of tranquility like that. Maybe I'll come back later.

I go inside the mansion once again, unsure about what to do for now, until I feel someone hugging me from behind.

"How nice of Lady Patchouli to let you go like that, without doing any work. I'm so jealous." I freeze in place. That slimy voice was Koakuma's. I shudder with repulsion as she gets closer to me, hugging me tightly. After a moment of silence, I can feel her warm breath brushing against my ear. "Aren't they cute? The maid and the gatekeeper I mean. I wish Lady Patchouli could spare me some time like that."

I know what she's doing and I try to break free from her grasp, but she's surprisingly strong despite not having any visible muscle. Her body feels soft against my back and her warmth starts to seep into my body. Remembering Patchouli's warning, I try my best to keep my voice from wavering. "And why are you hugging me? Slacking off on the job won't net you good girl points, you know?"

"Haha, I know that already, but I can work on that later. That's not what I am after right now."

A sharp and really distressing sensation runs through my earlobe, like a thousand needles pucturing it at the same time. Just thinking about those sharp teeth sinking on my skin makes me shiver. "S-stop that! Lady Patchouli told you to keep your hands off of me!"

Koakuma's sleazy laugh reverberates against my ear. "She told me to keep my hands off of you  when you are with her, and I can't see her around, can you? I can feel your warmth." She hugs me even tighter, making my breathing slightly jagged. "I can feel where your blood is flowing, and it is getting me even more excited. I can sense how your body reacts to me, and I feel the same way about you. Why don't you indulge me, just this once?"

I try to shake her off, but her embrace is crushing me. When I think I'm about to collapse, she releases me from her arms. "I don't get it, why are you refusing me so adamantly!?" That slimy undertone in her voice was gone. She sounds vulnerable, and she can't keep talking without quivering. "Is it because I'm just a mere familiar? A tool to be used and nothing more!?"

The disgust she made me feel started to melt. The pain in her voice sounded too sincere, too real. "Please, don't ignore me like they do. I know I'm not a human like you, that I scare you, disgust you, but please, look at me... Please..."

I turn around, following her request. When I looked at her face, I was really surprised. There wasn't a lustful or malicious expression on it. Her eyes were filled with need, like she has been craving  for the touch of another for a long time. She takes my hand, our fingers now entwined tightly. "I... like how this feels. But I guess you're still unsure about me." She looks away, still holding my hand while the wings on her head twitch lightly. "But I need this. More than you know, more than I could ever describe to you."

She squeezes my hand, savoring the moment. She takes a moment before talking again, her voice still shaky. "Being Lady Patchouli's familiar is not easy. All she cares about is collecting knowledge and researching anything that remotely looks interesting to her. As her familiar, I'm linked to her. All those things she doesn't want to deal with because they could affect her endless quest for knowledge, go straight to me. All her sorrows and pains, all her lust and frustrations, are mine to keep and endure."