14: "Line of Hypocrisy'

A meteor shower was pouring down in the starry sky. It was a sight that anyone would admire, but not Yoo Jonghyuk.

「 It is starting. 」

The meteor shower was the precursor to the third main scenario starting. Now Seoul would be destroyed one by one according to the scenario.

Yoo Jonghyuk looked up at the sky before bowing his head and looking at the Han River.

The landscape around Dongho Bridge was quite desolate since the large group of ichthyosaurs had recently moved downstream.

「 It was too much. 」

It had already been three days since Kim Dokja entered Han River. It might've been too much to demand that he catch the ichthyosaur at the first level.

「Indeed, it would be hard for me to catch an ichthyosaur in three days. 」

But it would be impossible to take him if he couldn't do this much. If he couldn't even do this much, it would only hinder Yoo Jonghyuk.

「 A prophet isn't a big deal. 」

Yoo Jonghyuk closed his eyes with disappointment. He would go on his own again. Without any companions.

It wasn't a big deal. He had been alone all this time.

「 This time I will definitely change it. 」

Yoo Jonghyuk turned around.

But maybe he had turned away too soon.

* * *

Dokja: "Wait...!"

Bihyung: [W-What?]

Y/N: "Wha- Huh?"

Y/N blinked several times but could only see a grey-white ceiling. They was still inside the ichthyosaur. He turned his head and saw the surprised Bihyung.

Dokja: "...I had a dream."

Bihyung: [Ohu, are you trying to raise curiosity? It isn't bad?]

Dokja didn't mean to do such a thing but he didn't mind the misunderstanding.

[A few constellations want you to move to a new place quickly.]

He used 500 coins to buy the Ellain Forest's Vital Force to help him sleep. He thought it was too dangerous to move while exhausted.

The Ellain Forest's Vital Force quickly recovered fatigue and wounds in exchange for two hours of sleep. In other words, it was an expensive item.

Y/N looked down in his arms seeing Kiara sleep with Playful Cloud. He patted her head before standing up with her, and grabbing Rebellion. 

Y/N: "Kiara wake up."

She stirred awoke before looking around.

Kiara: "We didn't leave?..."

Y/N: "No, we are about to leave from the inside of this sea monster and we will probably have to swim so get ready."

Kiara: "O-Okay..."

Dokja: "...I really want to go out."

Y/N: "Same here Dokja."

Kwajijijik!

Dokja and Y/N heard the sound of an electric current scattering and Bihyung disappeared without a word. Maybe he went to do his job.

They sighed with relief.

The stream contract with the dokkaebi. It was a gamble that I never would've attempted if Dojka hadn't  known about Bihyung from Ways of Survival. Y/N did and wasn't scared because to him, it wasn't real. But Dokja did it with surprising calm. He never succeeded in any contracts in 'real life.'