Chapter 130: Begin Again

*Sam's P.O.V*

"Do we need to make anymore trips?" My dad asked as he parked in front of my new house with Eli.

"No, I made sure to get everything in two trips." I answered, getting out of the car.

"That's perfect." My dad smiled.

I grabbed a box before heading towards the front door and then I placed the box down so that the door can be opened. Once it was, I brought the box inside and then placed it with the rest of the boxes.

Then the moment I step inside, the spaciousness of our new home welcomes me like a gentle hug. The walls, a blank canvas, echo with the promise of laughter and memories yet to be made.

The living room stretches out before me, vast yet inviting, begging to be filled with plush sofas and scatter cushions in a riot of colors.

I can already picture me with Eli, curled up with a good book or binge-watching our favorite series, our feet tangled together, cozy and content.

I wander into the kitchen, running my fingers along the cool granite countertops, envisioning the clink of dishes and the warm scent of baking that will soon permeate the air.

It's not just a kitchen; it's a future of shared meals and whispered secrets, of Eli's terrible attempts at pancakes on Sunday mornings, and the clatter of cutlery as friends gather around the island, wine glasses in hand, under the gentle glow of pendant lights.

As I peek into the bedrooms, each a cozy retreat from the world, I can't help but feel a swell of excitement.

The master bedroom, with its generous windows, bathes in soft light, the perfect sanctuary for Eli and me.

The second bedroom, which we've already earmarked as a guest room or maybe one day a nursery, holds the promise of family, of late-night stories and morning cuddles.

Two bathrooms mean no waiting for a shower in the morning rush, a small luxury that makes our home feel even more like a haven.

I imagine fluffy towels and scented candles, bubble baths that stretch on for hours, and the echo of Eli's off-key singing from behind the shower curtain.

My daydream is interrupted by the sound of the front door opening and the familiar voice of my dad calling out, "Sam, where do you want these?"

He's hauling in the last of the boxes, those cardboard vessels of our past life, ready to be unpacked and transformed into the first chapters of our future.

I can't help but smile, a wave of gratitude washing over me.

This house, with its empty rooms and unmarked walls, is more than just a structure of bricks and mortar.

It's a beginning, a place where Eli and I will build a life, fill every corner with love, and turn this house into our home.

"You can just put those with the other boxes." I said, entering the living room where my dad was.

My dad listened to what I said before looking at me, "And you said Eli was bringing what?"

"He's bringing some things from his house because he still wants to come by and visit his mom whenever possible. He's bringing the mattress for our bed but it'll take a few days for our bed frame to come."

"At least you'll have a bed." My dad nodded, "Your mom and I are bringing the couch tomorrow."

"That's fine."

"So do you want to start unpacking?"

"I was wanting to wait until Eli gets here."

"And when will he get here?"