Chapter 16: Comfort

*Sam's P.O.V*

Getting ready for school was a nightmare because it meant that I would have to see Hawk in the hallways. I would rather stay home and watch movies. But I know my parents would disapprove of me skipping.

So after getting through security, I walked into the main entrance and tried to see if I could find any of my friends. Whether it would be Moon, Demetri, or Yasmine.

My hand kept hold of my backpack as I walked down the hall, determined to avoid the red mohawk boy that I was still crushing after but don't want to be near him right now.

I knew that I needed to head to my locker to grab a history book so I did just that before it was time for school to begin.

I casually grabbed the book I needed before I shut the locker door but down the hall, I happened to see a glance of red hair. That means Hawk is right there and he would most likely try to find me.

I need to go before he sees me.

But just my luck, he must've saw me before he was running after me.

"Sam, wait!" He yelled as he tried to catch up to me but I was walking fast.

I'm being serious when I said that I didn't want to be near him right now. It's been a few days since I last talked to him at his house and he shouted at me.

As I turned a corner, he touched my shoulder which made me immediately turn around and stare at him.

"Leave me alone, Hawk." I told him.

"Not before I explain myself." He tried to reason.

"You asked for distance and I'm giving that to you."

"Distance is the last thing I want." He sighed, "Especially from you. It's the last thing I want. I don't want it."

"Apparently, nowadays, we don't want a lot of things." I said, hinting to him that he didn't want to be with me.

I knew I should've stayed home. I don't want to be here because being near him right now is giving me so much pain. I can't take it.

"You don't know what I want."

"I know you don't want to be with me."

"How can you say that?" He asked, "You don't know what I feel."

"You made it pretty clear how you feel when I showed up at your house with Demetri. You said you didn't want to be wasting your time. You wanted me to leave you alone. You never once said you liked me back after I said I want to be with you. So I'm not going to stand here and talk to you about what you're feeling because I already know. You don't need to repeat yourself. So do both of us a favor and forget everything that had happened." I said before I walked away.

"Sam." He tried to call my name but I didn't turn around to listen to him.

I'm not staying here. I'm skipping school today.

——-

I stopped by McDonald's before heading to the dojo.

Maybe a trip to the dojo can take my mind off of what had already happened today.

When I got to the dojo, I walked over to the completed sparring deck before sitting on it and starting to eat my chicken nuggets and fries.

Since leaving school, I've received messages from Hawk, trying to talk to me and it annoyed me to the point where I shut my phone off so I didn't have to keep hearing the sound.

There was silence but the wind was blowing quite freely today. It would wave in my hair a little bit.

The peace and quiet that I wanted then got interrupted.