Prologue

- Just a note that I have adjusted the timeline for the HP stuff, instead of +10, it is now +12, and therefore Sigrid's age has changed too, she is 19 instead of 21. Also added in an adjustment for Eli that works for me and what I have planned and continuity reasons.

......

It's a cheap motel room at the edge of Beacon Hills that Sigrid finds herself as the moon shines in the sky above her a she stands outside of her paid-for room. It's a big change for her. Up until a few months ago, she was living in Cokeworth, England. It is vastly different. A factory town that always seemed to have a layer of fog nestling between the buildings. Beacon Hills is a lot quieter, so far. After Cokeworth, she moved to New York, where she has been for the last few months, getting settled in her new position with MACUSA. Her exchange position. Being the first werewolf employed by the Ministry of Magic, they have loaned her out to set up a new department within the American system. But that is not why she is here in Beacon Hills. She is here because of a favour. She sighs and looks down at her cell phone before dialling the number on the screen, the name Laura Hale above it. She first met Laura Hale a couple of years back through Lupin who had known Talia Hale before her death, from some werewolf gathering. Sigrid wishes she asked him more about things like that when he was alive. He thought talking to a younger werewolf would help her through her own transformation. And it did. Laura was a great help. But it was short term so when Laura called her up last month asking for her help, Sigrid was surprised. Agreed nonetheless because Laura helped her.

"Laura, it's Siri...I'm in Beacon Hills, so if you're fine, will you just come find me, let me know...I'm staying at the only motel in town...Just...let me know you're okay" Sigrid then sighs and shakes her head before she hangs up. She didn't want to worry about her, but as the days and weeks went by and Laura failed to pick up her phone, Sigrid started to really worry about her. So here she is. She slides her phone into her pocket and then heads into the motel room.

......

The room lights up as Sigrid flicks up the light switch and almost instantly she cringes as she takes in the room. She drops her suitcase onto the bed and then sets her hands on her hips as she looks around. This is cheap. It is a very cheap motel. But for a small town, it is likely the best-case scenario. Simple but functional. Bed. Desk. Table. Kitchenette and a bathroom. Hopefully, she is not going to be here for very long. Find Laura. Drop off her research results. Go home. A couple of days tops. But for those few days, it is going to be her home. She lets out a long breath which quickly turns into a yawn. She has literally crossed the country to be here. She really hopes Laura appreciates this. She pulls her phone from her pocket again, and this time types out a quick text and then sets her phone on the bedside table. She's too tired to do anything else today. She just wants to go to bed. Get a fresh start in the morning. She'll check out the Hale house, and if Laura isn't there, then she'll try everywhere else. She knows that her uncle is still in town. She could try there too, she supposes. Someone has to know where she is.