chapter 17

“Shut up, you mean you actually, did it?”

Sally’s checks flustered at her co-worker's comment.

“Sally, I’m gonna need all the details,” she squealed, excitement written all over her face. “So, you’re telling me that you and your mysterious new neighbor, after months of pinning, finally got together?”

“Well,” Sally carefully began, not knowing how to answer all her questions, “I wouldn’t say we’re togethe-”

“But you love each other, are practically living together, cooking and eating meals with one another, and him packing you a lunch” Maya listed off, unable to hold back her enthusiasm.

“I mean, Sally, you found yourself a man who can cook and has been packing you these adorable lunch boxes, do you know how many women would kill for their boyfriend to pack them panda themed curry?” She took a deep whiff of the curry. “A lot of them wouldn’t hesitate to snatch him up,” she pointed towards Sally “in the palm of your hands, you have a man most women only dream about.”

This time, Sally couldn’t contain her rising blush, answering her co-worker's inquiry. Maya let out a short snort, causing Sally to look around the store, thankful that it was empty.

She wasn’t used to this kind of attention; Sally was used to being overlook and often actively strived towards being so. So, when Maya had found out about her new relational status, Sally wasn’t too sure how to react.

It was a new feeling; one she hasn’t felt in a long time. The complete and utter elation of being in love. Being with Tsuyoshi was something Sally loved so much, it felt like a calming blanket was constantly being wrapped around her shoulders, giving her comfort wherever she went. It wasn’t like anything she had ever experienced; while Poseidon may have been her first lover, Tsuyoshi was her first love. He was a constant presence, and always tried his best to care for her and their children.

“I mean,” Maya took a bite of her own lunch, an overpriced panini three stores over, Sally didn’t know why she still bought those things, “if you’re still confused, let me ask you this, this is golden advice I learned from my ex. Do you think you could spend six hours with him in a traffic jam and still love him?”

“Yes,” Sally instantly answered, her voice slightly flustered at being caught blushing like a high school teen, “we do love each other.”

“You know, I had first though you just had horrible taste in men, and I would need to ward off this new man, but Sally honestly,” Maya bumped their shoulders together, “I’m happy for you.”

It really did seem like everything was coming together. “Thanks Maya.”

 Checking to see if the store was still empty -it was- Maya looked expectantly at her. “Still though, I’m gonna need all the details I can get.”

And Sally could do nothing but oblige.

_________________________________________