Chapter Seven

Xavier Smith
Zaxbys drive thru, Atlanta, GA
4:45 PM
2 days later...

"I gave in." I quickly spit out before continuing the search for my debit card.

Sydney let out an exasperated sigh that turned into a slight chuckle, "Baby we already knew that."

I quickly looked up at my car's screen, "Bye...how'd you know?" My hand reached further down under my seat before grabbing hold of the slender piece of plastic.

"Well first of all, you're not as mysterious as you think," another small laugh, " and secondly you're way too forgiving and compassionate."

I handed the cashier my card, "Okay well putting all that aside, do you think I did the wrong thing?"

"Look, if someone was this persistent about me I'd give them a chance just to make sure I'm not missing out, but make sure you're safe 'cause persistency isn't always romantic." Syd advised cautiously.

"Yea, you're right." I huffed lowly.

The house was quieter than usual since Stella was with my mother for the weekend. She'd been asking to see her "grandchild" for a couple of days, but my schedule is always cramped, so we're never able to make time.

Jayce had everything prepared on his end, all I had to do was get ready. I really didn't want to go, but he already knew so much about me.

I placed my food on the island and quickly washed my hands before sitting down in one of the chairs. I clicked through my phone before finally settling on one app, and continuing my movie.

By the time I had finished my food and movie, it was exactly 7:28 PM. We were supposed to leave at 8:30...but black people.

I ended up leaving around 8:40, but I had to make sure my home was properly clean. An exhausted sigh flew out my mouth once I realized who I was about to spend the next couple of hours with. OMG WHY THE FUCK I SIGN UP FOR THIS.

Luckily I didn't have to deal with this Atlanta traffic, and Jayce was willing to drive both of us to the undisclosed location.

My phone rung and I quickly walked towards it.

I'm outside cmon

This lil boy lacks manners in every way, shape, and form. Already regretting this.

i'll be down ina second, jayce.

He liked the message as soon as I placed my phone down and continued to tie my dress shoes. Once I was done I checked myself out in the full body mirror angled perfectly in my walk way, and swiftly left my home.

The drive was pleasantly silent.

It made me feel a little uneasy, but I chose to brush that feeling off and focus on the road. I decided to break the unnerving silence.

"Where are we going?"

A calloused and muscular hand slid over my left thigh and gave it a firm squeeze. Jayce glanced over at me before smiling, "I can't tell you yet." I grabbed his wandering hand and placed it back on his lap before scooting closer to my window.

"If you aren't going to tell me, then you might as well take me back home 'cause I already don't feel fuckin' safe." Jayce dramatically clutched his chest with a sad expression.

"Why youn trust me baby?" His hand was now softly gripping my chin.

I looked at him a little crazy before sighing, "Never mind bru.".

Jayce placed his hand back on my thigh and continued to drive on the road while Sativa by Jhené Aiko played lowly on the radio.

Once we finally reached the Luxurious restaurant, I tried to open my door, but was interrupted by Jayce. "Don't touch no doors around me." I just gave him a wary look before stepping out of the low riding vehicle.