Y/N entered the girls bathroom, with Monoma soon heading for the boys bathroom. Y/N sighed looking at herself in the bathroom mirror. She knew she couldn't ignore Monoma her whole life.

He tutored her, took her out, and the first time they met he helped her. She found Monoma caring and nice to his fellow peers. There wasn't any reason except pure embarrassment to face him after the date. She blocked off all texting but gladly Monoma didn't text her.

She checked the time and saw that lunch was coming to an end. Y/N figured she could walk back to class with her friends so she exited the bathroom.

At the same time a blonde was leaving and in perfect sync they bumped into each other.

"Sorry" they said at the same time.

Y/N rubbed her head and Monoma took a few steps back. Why did God want this to happen? Y/N, would have much rather bumped into a perverted Mineta, than standing in silence with Monoma.

They had faint eye contact but both adverted their gaze

"So..." Monoma started "Y/N about the get together-" "No need. I was not right in the mindset" she interrupted "Yeah, because we were just very close to each other... literally." Monoma said, agreeing with the excuse

"So, if we can just act like nothing happened I think we can continue off being friends!" Y/N cheerfully said to clear up everything.

She was lying though. A lie she always said, why couldn't she just say 'I love you Monoma, I truly love you!'

Friends... the words laced like string that couldn't be broken. What did it take for him to be noticed in a different light. He hated lying to her about his feelings.

Y/N hurried to leave but Monoma grabbed her coat. Not strong enough that it would rip, but strong enough for her to tug away if she wanted "Y/N." He said fragile "Yes, Neito?" She answered "I think that... maybe we can be more than friends. Companions even."

He let out a breathy sigh for Y/N to speak.

"Monoma... that'd be great." She softened "I'll see you later companion."

"A final question though." Monoma said, "I don't want to waste any time, but was the festival on Friday a get together or a date?" Y/N swallowed a pit of uneasiness

Was this a test to see what she thought about them? It was regarded multiple times as a date. But she wanted to seem caring about both there relationships, whatever Y/N said would be completely out of reflex

"Date." she answered and trotted away. A light smile plastered on her face

"Great..." he spoke back, a beating in his heart raised. It wasn't dating or even a fancy relationship but companions. He kept a grin on his face watching her. She thought of the day as a date. How... exciting a thrill, nothing like the roller coaster they took which was mildly terrifying.

Before he could leave soon after. A girl rushed into him.

"Neito!" she smiled, grabbing his coat forcefully. "Who are you?" he spat, pushing her off him. "Y-you don't know me but I'm Soraha! A class 1-C student, but truly I know you!"

He rolled his eyes "Obviously, I'm Monoma Neito." she giggled "Well, I have this friend and she has a crush on you! I think you guys are made for each other..." she rambled on, but Monoma started to walk past her.

She tugged on him again "Wait!" he pushed her again "I don't need this waste of time. Leave me alone, I'm not interested in you or whoever this sorry lady is." the girl frowned "That's not fair! I saw you showing that 1-A student kindness! What's your deal? Just meet my friend she's by the lockers!"

Soraha crossed her arms, and Monoma gave very little detail. He was Irritated by being pounced on, just meeting this clueless girl who is trying to set him up with a person he doesn't even know.

"I'm sorry, but I have a relationship." the girl scoffed "I know you're single! Are you scared? My friend is very nice, and she thinks under all that petty facade you're really cute! Men would die to get a chance to talk to her!"

Monoma turned again "Then pick some random guy from the line. Tell her I'm not interested." the girl side glanced and picked Monoma's coat and pushed him against the divider between the washrooms

"G-get off me psycho!" Soraha furrowed her eyes "Just meet her, once even!" Monoma hated that his point wasn't getting across, to this random person.

"I don't like her! She's just some random sorry girl from a lame useless class! No one would ever in their right mind go out with her!"

The bell rang, and she got off him in a hurry. Monoma patted himself off. "Weirdo." he scoffed, and walked away trying to forget about the whole interaction

In the shadows the girl wasn't by the lockers, but silently recording the whole conversation. She smiled at the replay multiple times

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐘/𝐍.... 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐚. 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦."

Making up and becoming companions, only for some random person in the shadows and a random 1-C girl named Soraha to ruin it. That's sad. Was that a spoiler?