Chapter 18

I wake up to someone slightly shaking me.

My eyes ease open and I'm met with Steven's face extremely close to mine.

I let out a scream and shoot up bumping my head against his in the process.

I grab my head and let out a moan as I try and will the pain away.

Steven stumbles back before composing himself and walks back over an makes sure I'm okay.

"Sorry love didn't meant I scare you I was just coming to check on you and make sure you don't need anything" he kisses the side of my head.

I stretch and yawn and get up out of bed and look out the window to see the sun about to set.

How long have I been asleep I think to myself as I follow Steven out the room and make my way to the couch.

I flop down and put my feet up on the cushion beside me and turn the tv on to the cooking channel where Chopped is on.

I turn and see Steven just leaning against the doorway to the kitchen watching me.

"You never did tell me why you left me three months go and then started ignoring me love" he finally says after a few minutes of just staring at me.

I lean my head against the back cushion and sigh.

"Well I woke up that morning and was trying to let to rest because you looked like you were so tired so I got up and your phone started ringing so I answered it and some woman asked for you and I told her you were sleeping that I was your girlfriend that's when she started freaking and said that you said you were single so I flipped out I guess and left not wanting anything to do with you" I say going over that day in my head.

He sighs ad walks over to me and lifts my legs and places them in his lap as he starts to massage my feet.

"Did you ask how she knew me by chance or who she was love before you had a crazy moment" he whispers.

"Well no I guess not but why would someone just call you and tell someone's girlfriend that their boyfriend already has a girlfriend" I reply.

"Love I guess it's time I told you about her. You see love back before we got together Rebecca and I dated and I thought it was love I was going to propose. But then I caught her with my father. It broke my heart when I found them like that but she said she was sorry but I wanted to hear nothing of it and broke it off. She soon became obsessed started following me around an whenever I got with a girl she would do something to mess it up. So I just started doing one night stands and staying drunk. But then I met you and everything changed. You were different I wanted you but couldn't have you. Then I woke up that morning and told myself I had to have you no matter what so I went for you and got you. Only to have you taken from me by Rebecca. But now I have you and I have a child and I won't let anything happen to you or our child. I could never forgive myself it it did." He says with a serious look on his face.

I sit back and let his words sink in thinking about all the times he had me clean up his mess of a one night stand or get him from a bar when he got to drunk to do anything.

I sigh "I'm sorry I guess I did overreact do you forgive me"

"Love I'm the one who should be asking for forgiveness I should have told you along time ago about what really happened and I'm sorry I hurt you" he replies placing his hands over my stomach.

I get butterflies in my stomach and smile placing a hand on top of his.