[1;; OH HES BACK!?]

TW: Slight blood (cut finger)

Rody was waiting at the front of the restaurant, like always waiting for someone to walk in so he could bring them to their table.

He flipped through a notepad as customers shuffled in. He led them to their table and took their orders. Bringing the ripped off piece of paper to the kitchen. His friends bring the food to the customers.

It was evening when he came. Rody was finishing up, leading another person to their table. Until he went back to the front where customers would be waiting.

“Welcome to 'Rotton Apple'. How many people are with you toda - ”

“Rody?”

Rody looks back up and stares at the person for a moment.

“How do you know my name. . .”

He realizes who it is and completely freezes as he holds the notepad and pen.

“Vince, . . ?”

Rody mutters and then blinks rapidly as he straightens up and clears his throat. He holds it notepad and pen more firmly as he looks at Vincent in the face.

“So how many people are with you today?”

He asks and seems to have completely forgotten about who Vincent was. Rody stares at him with a blank smile, and Vincent mutters

“Table for three. . . Please.”

Vincent pauses before saying 'please' as if he's rethinking everything.

“Alright! Come with me over here if you will.”

Rody led Vincent over to a booth by the wall, and Vincent took notice of the ribbon covering Rodys ear. Well, where the ear used to be.

“Just wave me over when you're ready to order!”

Rody said, and Vincent said he was ready to order already.

“Can I order you - ”

[PLEASE STANDBY]

Rody walked off as two other customers walked in and sat where Vince was sitting. Vincent kept casting glances at Rody, and Rody tried ignoring him.

He talked with his friends at the restaurant. Until Vince's table was ready to order.

“Alright what can I get you guys this lovely evening?”

Rody asked, and he spun his pen in his hand as he held the notepad in his other hand.

“Hi can we get a . . .”

Rody wrote down everything one of them said and a number next to the food, counting how much of the dish they wanted. He looked over at Vincent, who was looking at the wall and drinking water.

After that, he teared the piece of paper off the notepad and put his pen back behind his other ear.

“The food will be done in about 5-20 minutes.”

Rody walked off with the notepad, and he felt Vincent staring at him at he walked. He looked back and saw Vince looking away and listening to his friend talk. Vincent had a giant burnt mark over the half of his face and his arm. Probably covering half of his body. With a giant circle scar thing on his neck.

𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞.
𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬.
𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝.
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝.
𝐍𝐨𝐰. . .
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞?

Later. . .

Rody took orders, and then Vincent's table waved him over again.

“Do you need anything?”

“Oh just some desert!”

Vincent's friend listed three deserts from the menu, and Rody wrote down the dishes.

“They'll be done in about 5-10 minutes.”

He said and walked off again.

“Hey Rody!”
One of his co-workers yelled out, and he walked on over.
“Yeah?”
“Whos that guy you keep glancing at? What? Is it about the scar on the half of his head?”
“Oh! No, no, no!”

Rody said and put the pen behind his other ear again.

“I uhm. . . He just looks really familiar.”

Rody lies, and his co-worker nods. He puts the piece of paper by where the chefs work and waits at the front for another customer.

Vincent's table leaves, and Rody watches as they walk out of the restaurant.

As he watches, Vince glances back a bit until his friend distracts him.

Rody sighs a breath of relief. Now that Vincent was gone. He starts to clean up with the other workers in the restaurant.

“HIYA!”

Someone splashes Rody with some water, and Rody fights back with some water as well.

“HAHAHAHAH!!!!”

After that, he starts spraying the tables with spraying bottles followed by the same guy, and he sprays Rody with water again. They both fight again with the water and laugh.

“You two! Get back to cleaning! Rody! Take out the trash. ”

Their manager said, and Rody grabbed the trash from a trashcan in the chefs cooking room. He cut his finger because of something sharp in the trash can.

“Owh - !?”

Rody cried out quietly and sighed as he grabbed a napkin and wrapped it around his finger.

He winces and lets the napkin soak in the blood.

After a minute or so, he puts a bandaid on that he found in one of the cabinets and takes the trash out. Then, he takes out the other garbage of trash from the trash cans.

As he walks back, he spots some of the others getting ready to leave. He goes in the back and takes his apron off. He gets his white jacket on and a dark red scarf.

His gloves are sitting on a table, and he pulls them on. He sighs as he walks out into the snowy atmosphere and waves to the rest of his friends as he leaves.

Rody looks around as it snows and walks down a street. Then he makes it to a small street with a few houses, and he goes up another path. He spots the old bistro replaced by a clothing store.

He thinks about how 'thrilled' Vince must be that his bistro has been replaced by a clothing store. Rody then makes it to his place where he finds his bike on the floor by the couch. At least the apartment is better managed now.

It's not broken, and the bathroom doesn't constantly break. He still misses Manon, but he doesn't dare tell anyone about what happened when he worked at the bistro.

As he looks at a photo of Manon sitting on his living room table, he sighs and leans back and tosses his scarf and gloves on the couch next to him.

WORDS: 1054
no gay stuff this chapter 😔😔💔💔💔