𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 - 𝔰𝔴𝔞𝔫 𝔩𝔞𝔨𝔢 ✰

Start from the beginning

"Are you a marine vet, yet?"
He circled Valentina, scanning her from head to toe. I noticed a fresh scar starting from his forehead to his eyebrow.
"No." The man wrapped his hand around her waist.

I inhaled a sharp breath as someone grabbed my hands and put them behind my back. What the hell is going on? How does Valentina know this guy?

"Too bad, I have a dog at home you know. If he's injured I'll just call you, yeah?"
The other man behind me laughed and as he began speaking I knew it was Ryan.
"You're so stupid, Grigori. She's a marine vet."

"Water vet...I don't know what's the difference."
"Then I can't help you." Valentina slapped his hand away and took a step back.

"Blyat, but he likes swimming."
She stared at him dumbfounded and even I had to press my lips together not to make any comment on that.

"I hope you remember the time I was inside of you?" Grigori added mischievously, noticing how her eyes dropped to the ground.
"It was an accident."
"Seven times?"

Was he her Ex? Or just a previous fling? Fuck, I can't tell. Ryan tightened his grip around my wrists.

Grigori squeezed Valentina's cheeks together, pulling her towards him. I swallowed the chunk in my throat, thinking about a way to help my friend who was getting harassed by a more or less stranger.

"Tell me, Valentina. Does Leon like the thought of remembering every night, that I fucked you? Is he jealous of me? Or does he want me to join in next time?"
She turned her head away and my blood boiled at Grigori's rudeness.

"That was two years ago, Grigori. I wasn't introduced to Leon by then."
I've had enough of rude men today and stepped as hard as I could on Ryan's feet and as he let go of me, I swung my fist into his face. My knuckles hurt and Ryan tumbled backward grunting.
Step 1: learn how to throw punches properly, my 'training' when I was fifteen didn't help much.

The next second the door opened, and Leon rushed into the bathroom and yanked Grigori off Valentina. But, I didn't care, I stormed out of the bathroom, getting a security man. My dress made running impossible, calling it rather a quick walk.

Ryan began chasing me down the hall and I took a turn into the hall of hundreds of lockers, each section being divided by a wall.
As quick as possible I stumbled into the second one, clasping my hand in front of my mouth to suppress my heavy breathing.

I didn't hear footsteps anymore. Did he seriously lose me? Or just in the section next to me?

My hands pressed against one locker, as I tilted my head to the left, catching a glimpse of the empty hallway. We must've missed the announcement.

I waited for five seconds and then turned away to face my section again, but as soon as I turned around Ryan pinned me by my shoulders to the locker.

"You stupid bitch!", He hissed, grabbing after my bun to tilt my face up, so our faces were only inches apart. A small amount of blood was flowing out of one of his nostrils.

"LET ME GO YOU FUCKING BASTARD!"
Screaming my soul out, in the hope anyone would come to help me. My heart jackhammered against my chest and I tried to push him off me.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
He slapped me across the face and I let out a helpless outcry. My face stung and my head spun.

"Let me tell you something, Lara. I came here to talk to you about your brother, because that's what you wanted to hear from me, didn't you?"
I spit in his face and he flinched. Unluckily he wouldn't let go of my shoulders after all.
"I don't give a fuck about Gabriel's abusive dead ass at the moment. Talk to the goddamn wall, O'Sullivan."