4

July 4th. Another day survived. Another day to live.

I went to visit Chantelle.

"O honey!! I'm so glad you're alright."

"You look gorgeous." I complimented her.

"I thought I'd never see you again."

"Don't worry. I won't stop visiting you for the world. You know how much I love you."

"Indeed. Oh! Look at you! Those stinking lowlives have been mean to you at Scotland Yard, haven't they? Come here."

She placed me on the armchair, placed a stool under my legs, and applied healing treatments on my arms, legs and basically everywhere that was wounded.

"Ouch! That hurt!" When she placed warm nourishing water on a particularly nasty gash.

"Aw! I feel so sorry. I can't see you like this." She was trembling with tears.

After she was done, she kissed me on the forehead and left.

"Do keep me posted about your god-awful plans tomorrow."

"I will, dear."

I left the next morning after bidding Chantelle goodbye.

I had to visit Henry who had been staying with Mr. Goldsmith.

Engrossed in my circle of thoughts, I lost track of time and also overlooked the fact that a woman had been pursuing me for the past half a mile, her motives highly suspicious.

"Looking for Henry, eh?" She asked, a hood covering her face firmly.

"How do you know??! And..." I removed the hood.

"Oh my God! You're the witch from Will's house the other night!!" I shrieked.

"Shhh... Don't worry. It's all makeup. Come with me." She took me to a narrow and deserted alleyway.

"Haha, I know that right enough. I pretended that you're a witch in front of Will, so that he could not figure out your true identity, which you've so successfully concealed."

"Wait... What? So you know who I am?"

"Of course, I do. No matter how much make-up you apply to look hideous, I can still recognise my wife from three hundred miles away."

With that said, I removed all the false hair, the false nose, the false teeth, the false skin and every ingredient of her make-up.

I kissed her firmly, full of passion and love and longing.

"O my love, I missed you so much. I love you so much. Where have you been? It was torture."

"I am fine, my great love. Henry's with me as well. I told my father everything after your arrest and he complied to my plans."

"The press will have a field day tomorrow."

"Indeed.."

"Now why don't you tell me everything, Al?"

"I did know that my husband is one intelligent man. Obviously you've figured out most things by now."

"Yes. But I'd still like to hear the story from your own mouth, Al." I winked.

"Very well, then husband dear..." We kissed again and I carried her in my arms to her hideout where she placed the remaining pieces in the puzzle, now making it clear for me what exactly happened.

I wrote a letter to my lawyer, Mr. Anderson. It's time for one final court adjournment and for the truth to come out.